Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservapedia
What worries me, and frankly it does worry me, about pages like the homosexuality page on the "conservapedia" site are that they are basically works of thinly-veiled anti-homosexuality propaganda.

I'm all for reasoned debate - if somebody wants to sit me down and politely and sensibly talk to me about why it is that they think that homosexuality is either abnormal or wrong or sinful or whatever, I will engage them in that discussion, but nowhere on that article does it say anything that I can see about anything positive that homosexuality has brought to society at large ...

... it doesn't mention anything at all about any of the positive work that the GLBT community has brought about, not least in terms of the support network we offer for people of all ages who are struggling to come to terms with their sexuality, and this seems rather at odds with the bold, and suggestively impartial statement they make at the top that their article will "(elaborate upon) ... (the) variety of effects (homosexuality has had) on individuals and society at large".

Basically what I'm saying is two things ... number one, if you are going to paint a picture of ANY topic, do so sensibly and impartially. Don't demonise that which you don't understand simply because it's different. Homosexuality isn't something to be feared or loathed - if it's something different to your own personal view of things, then it's something to be understood - the faith and belief arguments always fall on their @rse because people adopt the same, tired old mentality of "I have no actual PROOF I'm right and you're wrong, but ... you just are ... ok ?", and it gets wearying after a while.

Secondly, consider the potential damage that such negative slants on any given topic can bring about ... you won't undermine homosexuality or homosexuals by screaming at us until you're blue in the face that we're wrong, or evil, or twisted - we just are who and what we are, just as natural as straight people, just as normal as straight people - we're just trying to find our way in the world, and contribute as happy, healthy members of society ... speaking for the majority I feel Confusedmile: - so all you'll do is upset, hurt, and p!ss us off !!

What really worries me though is the damage that reading that kind of SH!TE can bring about on more impressionable people. I felt quite sickened reading both this article and the page that Genersis posted (and Genersis please don't think I mean that as a slight in any way - I'm glad you posted it - it's helpful to know what kinda NUTJOBS are out there), as I thought "if I were ... say 17, and reading this ? I woulda probably wanted to curl up into a ball and die" ... and that, in turn, would have affected my coming out process - you can't CHANGE the way you are - all this type of drivel succeeds in doing is hampering what should be a NATURAL and HEALTHY thing in your journey towards becoming a calmly accepting, happily balanced homo.

Anyhow - rant over ... I hope you're all having a good day !! Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Yes thanks Shadow, I'm having a good calm balanced homo day reading GaySpeak posts while Marshlander is getting on with the washing up... lol.... (no, he's NOT my slave, I'll be in the kitchen shortly cooking us a nice meal ConfusedmileSmile

Shadow i guess the only thing I could add to your post would be, Conservapida is user written and it shows the extreme hate and ignorance that fills Americas rightwing.
I would hope anyone attempting to understand the nature of his sexuality would just simply find a more accurate source.