Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constant High Body Temperature[FUO]
Zet Wrote:Hopefully Smile

I'd love to see Ireland as well, Scotland to but more Ireland, but I know nothing about they're history but I like theyre accent lol :biggrin:

Yeah, my Nana's husband is Irish. It was funny hearing it at first, because our accents are waaaayyyy different. We're very lazy and they're very tight and fast.

I can kind of do the accent alittle, but it feels weird in my mouth [if that makes sense] ...

I love learning about history in general, it's a hobby of mine :biggrin: . Such as the Irish Famine, which is why most old school Irish still only eat Meat & Potatoes, as nothing else was viable, not even the meat until later on.

My Nana's husband looks at us weird, because we eat Pizza and Gulash [It's basically Maccaroni & cut up hamburger Wink ] .

But yeah, those countries would probably cool me off, if not freeze me, as I'm so used to Tropical weather :biggrin: .

Odi your stubborn

I have the opposite - I run 1.5 to 2 degrees F cooler than "normal" between 96 and 97 F. When sitting still at room temperature I have reached 95F.

This is a measured core temperature. This is not the same as 'I feel hot' or my skin temperature.

Now days they can run a rather simple test, using a radio-pill with a temperature sensor. The pills are expensive, and stay in the system 24-48 hours depending on how fast your body digests stuff. It sends out an hourly to every 30 minute signal to a strap on receiver logging your temperature.

Red skin is a natural part of how the body regulates its temperature. The blood vessels near the surface of the skin open up and let more blood flow when you get too hot. This is often couples with more perspiration, the process of evaporation cools the skin, thus cools the blood just beneath - the more blood flowing the more heat is extracted from the blood. In the opposite direction the blood vessels close the cooler you get, the body holding onto its heat.

If you skin is hot that may only mean your blood vessels are wide open attempting to exhaust the heat of off the skin.

Skin temperature is NOT the same as core temperature.

If you are not perspiring sufficiently you will end up with red skin as it attempts to cool via blood. Inability to perspire sufficiently is called Anhidrosis.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/anhidr...01050.html

There are a few thermal-regulating medical conditions. For me it is potentially a "damaged" hypothalamus. Too many blows to the head in my youth lead to a bit of scar tissue on my hypothalamus and hippocampus and surrounding tissues. I had CAT scan and MRI done for other things and the doctor theorizes that the scar tissue may be causing some thermal regulation issues. OR it may simply be a thing of the genes I wear.

I would suggest seeing a doctor and see if testing is needed.

by the sounds of it i would say your body doesnt sweat properly and cannot cool itself down when u feel it over heating best thing to do is take a cold soak see if that helps... i know with me my body tends to over heat too fast and if i stop i sweat so im the oppisite of you

pellaz Wrote:Odi your stubborn

Thanks boo, I got it from my Momma :biggrin:

But don't worry, I've taken your suggestion & everyone elses to heart Confusedmile:

Kiss3

BowynAerrow Wrote:I have the opposite - I run 1.5 to 2 degrees F cooler than "normal" between 96 and 97 F. When sitting still at room temperature I have reached 95F.

This is a measured core temperature. This is not the same as 'I feel hot' or my skin temperature.

Now days they can run a rather simple test, using a radio-pill with a temperature sensor. The pills are expensive, and stay in the system 24-48 hours depending on how fast your body digests stuff. It sends out an hourly to every 30 minute signal to a strap on receiver logging your temperature.

Red skin is a natural part of how the body regulates its temperature. The blood vessels near the surface of the skin open up and let more blood flow when you get too hot. This is often couples with more perspiration, the process of evaporation cools the skin, thus cools the blood just beneath - the more blood flowing the more heat is extracted from the blood. In the opposite direction the blood vessels close the cooler you get, the body holding onto its heat.

If you skin is hot that may only mean your blood vessels are wide open attempting to exhaust the heat of off the skin.

Skin temperature is NOT the same as core temperature.

If you are not perspiring sufficiently you will end up with red skin as it attempts to cool via blood. Inability to perspire sufficiently is called Anhidrosis.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/an...s/DS01050.html

There are a few thermal-regulating medical conditions. For me it is potentially a "damaged" hypothalamus. Too many blows to the head in my youth lead to a bit of scar tissue on my hypothalamus and hippocampus and surrounding tissues. I had CAT scan and MRI done for other things and the doctor theorizes that the scar tissue may be causing some thermal regulation issues. OR it may simply be a thing of the genes I wear.

I would suggest seeing a doctor and see if testing is needed.

Interesting.

Well, when I say I feel hot, it's generally on my skin yes, but it's like waves rolling over my skin, sort of prickling it. And this only happens during very high temperatures, which is the norm for us here. When sitting still or inside, I don't actually feel it, but it's still there according to whoever touches me at the time.

I doubt we have something like that here, but it definitely sounds interesting. Similar to what Pellaz was suggesting, but does this pill have to be eaten/ingested more than once? And if so, how much is each pill?

Well, I've never actually seen my skin turn red to be honest, unless I'm laughing or embarrased :redface: , but then again, I'm not completely white, so perhaps it's not the exact same or isn't as easy to notice? Also, I do sweat, like when I'm exerting energy, but I'd say it's like anyone else, though I think you probably mean I'm not sweating enough for someone who gets so hot, in which case, I guess I'm not.

For symptoms of Anhidrosis, I only seem to have this;

>Feeling Hot

As I do sweat, but not profusely as one might when they get really hot, which again I do not feel until it get's very hot outside. I can sit inside with the AC blasting and feel fine, even though my family feels cold, but once the temperature/humidity hits a certain degree, I then start to feel warm, even though my family feel comfortable.

I generally just drink alot of water to cool myself down, because my family doesn't understand why I like the AC on 65-70F.

Could it be that my Hypothalamus isn't working that well or it's working too well? I don't know of any familial medical problems, except for Obesity, which can be controlled and I don't seem to have inherited.

But one issue is the one that bothers me the most; it started at/around Puberty. Before that point, I was fine, running around in the sun and was even on the track-team, and even though it's not so debilitating now, I definitely cannot run around a hot track-field.

But this is very interesting, because I would never have come across this myself and will definitely have to take this into consideration as well.

Thanks Bowyn :biggrin: hopefully you can elaborate for me more, cause I'm not very medically inclined... atleast not for humans Rolleyes .

Zeon Wrote:by the sounds of it i would say your body doesnt sweat properly and cannot cool itself down when u feel it over heating best thing to do is take a cold soak see if that helps... i know with me my body tends to over heat too fast and if i stop i sweat so im the oppisite of you

Hi Auntie ZeZe Dazzler1

It seems as if that's what everyone is thinking... so perhaps it might be true. I will try and have that checked out as well. Confusedmile:

I like to take moderately cold showers, cause it cools me right off :biggrin: , I may as well live in the ocean around us during the winter[which is still basically summer here]. Maybe a lovely soak will help Wink .

Well if I walk somewhere and have been walking for awhile, and then just stop, I will start to sweat, which I guess is normal, but I don't sweat rivers, even though I'm pretty hot. Although, I'm quite used to living here and we all have become accostumed to living under the sun. It's just a matter of how exertive I've been.

~

Thanks for even more concern guys Kiss3 , I really am taking this stuff into consideration, even though I may question you and what not, but is only so I can get as much information as I can and learn as much as I can.

I've got my little notebook open and have been scribbling away :biggrin:.

Quote:I have the opposite - I run 1.5 to 2 degrees F cooler than "normal" between 96 and 97 F. When sitting still at room temperature I have reached 95F.

Several people in that "Odi's discussion" Smile mentioned this too. One even said that she reached 93.02F once, using several different kinds of thermometers to be sure. She even had a witness, but her doc said that it was a nonsense and refused to even think about it.
One person mentioned that untreated Lyme disease could cause permanent lowering of the body temperature.

Quote:does this pill have to be eaten/ingested more than once?
As far as I know it doesn't. It's basically a sophisticated small thermometer (not a treatment)

I don't know what else so say.

I made a few suggestions based on my own thermal dynamics :tongue: I have no idea what is going on with you.

You mentioned that you are not perspiring - thus this may be the problem.

As for the pill, its a one time take - it is actually a plastic capsule that will travel through your system (digestive tract) and eventually leave your body.

There are other ways to do this, such as using a thermometer every hour or every half hour to get a core temperature reading.

"Feeling hot" is not the same thing as being hot (attractiveness aside).

Humidity can affect how hot you feel. 88F in Bermuda with its high humidity feels hotter than 88F here in California with its less than 20% humidity.

How much you perspire and how rapid evaporation rates are can change how hot you feel - a warm breeze and feel chilly if evaporation is high enough.

IF you have a fever, it will affect core body temperature. If you are just feeling hot on the skin this is not a 'fever'.

All in all, this is a medical problem and should really be seen by a doctor who can run tests, ask lots of questions and take accurate measurements.