Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constant headache & fuzzy eyesight
For the past couple of weeks now I've been getting this constant niggly headache followed with sore eyes, blurry vision and on occasion the right eye blacks out complete I.E - Darkness really fuzzy/blurry.

Does anyone here know what this could be, I'm pretty sure it's not a migraine, have had those and know what those are like, I've tried various painkillers/medication with no results.

Surely it's not just eye-strain, I've had a similar issue last year and the year before and had them tested/checked out at an optician and the doctors who put it down to "stress and eye strain" but well... the blurry/unfocused vision and really sore eyes when reading anything surely isn't normal?

If you are able to get yourself to a doctor, then do so! So many things can effect the vision from mild viruses to petit siezures or even mild stroke due to trauma. I wouldn't mess around with it.

I don't know if Lyme disease has made it to the UK yet. It's a tick borne disease that is rampant in the Northeast USA. Have you had any tick bites? Symptoms are very suspiciously like Lyme. It's very treatable.

Hi MidgetGem,

you should see a doctor. We can just give you our wild guess, but you shouldn't play havoc with your health.
Problems with a neck spine can give you dizziness and blurry vision, but it can be so many other things.
You are a photographer, don't play with the health of your eyes, get a doctor's opinion.

Do you wear glasses? Maybe you need ones/need to make some adjustment?

Have you or anyone experienced that your personality has changed? Just asking
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

not a lot of information here all good tho

If you have to be out and about be careful what you do. Slow down a little.
you guys have healthcare get them to do a panel of blood tests, tell them whatever to get if done asap.

Eat some pasta, noodles, can of soda something sweet.

could it be a general infection, likely not

MidgetGem Wrote:For the past couple of weeks now I've been getting this constant niggly headache followed with sore eyes, blurry vision and on occasion the right eye blacks out complete I.E - Darkness really fuzzy/blurry.

Does anyone here know what this could be, I'm pretty sure it's not a migraine, have had those and know what those are like, I've tried various painkillers/medication with no results.

Surely it's not just eye-strain, I've had a similar issue last year and the year before and had them tested/checked out at an optician and the doctors who put it down to "stress and eye strain" but well... the blurry/unfocused vision and really sore eyes when reading anything surely isn't normal?

Sweet boy child there are a few thing it could be and you may be better off going to the doctors or alternatively booking an eye exam at the opticians and they can see if anything in there is ok. I remember about 2 years ago I had severe eye strain and well my vision went really blurry and I thought I was dying, but seriously get it checked out boy child lol

Definately get yourself to the doctor. Self diagnosis is not a good idea as the symptoms could point to many things and treating yourself for the wrong thing could worsen the situation.

Do not take unnecessary risks with this.
Get do a doctor or ER as soon as you can.

Thank you, I understand it's perhaps not best to ask online was just a thought really to see if anyone had an incline at all to what it is and if anything might numb it for now till I can get an appointment to answer some of your questions - lyme disease from tick bites has made its way to the UK, but I've not had any tick bites, I don't currently need glasses but I can't read things at a distance as easily as I once could so it might be linked to that, and apparently lately my personality has changed a tad from fairly energetic/happy to moody and fatigued.

Hi you could be short or long sighted. I am short sighted and everything goes blurry when I read.