Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constant headache & fuzzy eyesight
So, just been to the opticians now and it turns out I need glasses for reading and have to use them at the PC/Driving and for reading things in the distance E.G college whiteboards/road signs etc -.- but what a bother I had finding a pair that I liked and that suited me, had to get them in the kids size to fit properly and comfortably

That's a great news, Midget Smile I hope that once you have them, your problems will disappear Smile

As do I nick, getting them next week once they're made up costing me £90 in total but hell they're needed

MidgetGem Wrote:So, just been to the opticians now and it turns out I need glasses for reading and have to use them at the PC/Driving and for reading things in the distance E.G college whiteboards/road signs etc -.- but what a bother I had finding a pair that I liked and that suited me, had to get them in the kids size to fit properly and comfortably

I'm 'supposed' to wear glasses but I don't just not a fan lol, did u get some of those handsome Clark Kent glasses midget? :p

Midget, it's great news since it means there's nothing too much wrong with you. Trying to focus when you're shortsighted can really make you strain more than you think, hence the aches.

Thanks for taking the time to read my rather odd thread/post and well... for replying to it really, I'm glad that I got some answer at least, it's not too bad right now it seems to have subsided (without the glasses) but the headaches still crop up after an hour or two of reading or being at the PC so heres hoping they help somewhat, and no mrk2010 Tongue didn't get clark kent glasses hahaha, the last time i went to an optician it put me off somewhat because of the service i got, but this time round it was a completely different story, the optician woman was really friendly, helpful, polite and took a huge interest in my photography and even wants my number/email for future events she's running to market her shop and for clients she knows who have upcoming weddings - swapped FB pages and contact details Confusedmile:

After that, then went to try on some glasses and well.. what a bother that was trying to find a pair that fitted my face right, the half frames were really nice but didn't come small enough so i've just opted for a sleek black framed pair that fit, are comfortable and aren't too extortionate, she did actually suggest the "80's" or as you put it "clark kent" style glasses since they're making a comeback but they looked ridiculous on me haha :tongue:

That's good news that you only need glasses. It took me ages to choose mine last time I was at the opticians. Are you short or long sighted?

Haha.. funny thing is I can't actually remember, but I struggle more with reading things in a distance but then.. when at a pc/book or so which is usually quite close, my eyes get a tad fuzzy/blurry and I end up with a big time headache from straining them trying to focus

Glad to hear that your problem's solved.

MidgetGem Wrote:Thanks for taking the time to read my rather odd thread/post and well... for replying to it really, I'm glad that I got some answer at least, it's not too bad right now it seems to have subsided (without the glasses) but the headaches still crop up after an hour or two of reading or being at the PC so heres hoping they help somewhat, and no mrk2010 Tongue didn't get clark kent glasses hahaha, the last time i went to an optician it put me off somewhat because of the service i got, but this time round it was a completely different story, the optician woman was really friendly, helpful, polite and took a huge interest in my photography and even wants my number/email for future events she's running to market her shop and for clients she knows who have upcoming weddings - swapped FB pages and contact details Confusedmile:

After that, then went to try on some glasses and well.. what a bother that was trying to find a pair that fitted my face right, the half frames were really nice but didn't come small enough so i've just opted for a sleek black framed pair that fit, are comfortable and aren't too extortionate, she did actually suggest the "80's" or as you put it "clark kent" style glasses since they're making a comeback but they looked ridiculous on me haha :tongue:

What u on about mr? I'm sure they'd look rather fetching on you :p I love the Clark Kent look hehehe, the thing about Clark Kent is the fact he turns into superman ;-) hehehe