Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contemplating a Full Body Wax
Okay wusses ,(Beaux not included) let an expert take over.:biggrin::tongue:

Yes waxing can hurt , but the pain is no more than ripping off a band-aid that is stuck to some hair.
You get used to it , I have been waxing my legs, underarms ,brows for 35 years , 2 minutes of discomfort for 6 weeks of smooth is worth it , your skin feels so soft after it.

Things you can do to ease the pain of waxing use a warm towel to open up your pores, after waxing use an Elovera cream or leaf to rub on.

One very important thing , do not get sunburn.

jaxc Wrote:well, if you do decide to get waxed, just remember this:

Lol Classic Scene

Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm going to try it but not the Laser method mainly because you never know when you wan't something back.

Blue Wrote:Personally a pair of grooming clippers and Magic shaving powder to get the edges perfect does just fine. I like my bod hair, just want it to be neat and groomed, not wild and untamed looking, and neck lines and a few too dark or long stays that get too far away from my underarms of "nether regions" have go to go entirely.

Whatever you decide on using, test a small spot in the area you intend on using it first. Magic does not say groin safe, but for most I've talked to, unless you have extremely sensitive skin, it is fine as long as you follow the directions.

Yes it says 6-8 minutes and, trust me 10 will give you a mild chemical burn, but if you use it properly, no pain at all and it lasts 3-10 days depending on how fast your hair grows and, how much hair you have. That's about the same as waxing, so think about depilatory options before you resign yourself to torture.

Magic shaving powder? What's that?

When I was a younger guy (teenage years), I'd often wonder how to get rid of some of my rather unwanted hair. I didn't have internet or anyone to ask, so I tried shaving. Freaked myself out, so moved on to Nair. Hurt a bunch haha. I've never really found that thing that would work for me or maybe the specific process.

Not looking to wax it off, but could I ask my new besties their advice for me?

http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=Ma...&FORM=HURE

That is Magic shaving powder. You mix it with warm water to make a creamy lather, put it on the hair you want gone, wait 6-7 minutes and simply rinse the hair off, no razor needed. Like any depilatory it can burn if you leave it on too long but, it is made not to cause razor bumps and the like. There are several formulas so pick one for you (the silver can is for sensitive skin). It's sold at Wal Mart and most other places that sell grooming and hair care items for people of color - originally marketed to black men.

I say DO IT!
Just cos. I put no logic behind what I'v just said. Sometimes we just gota do things. Good and bad. Now go for that wax!

All I can say: OW!

Yes, I'm a wimp. On the other hand, I am sick to death of shaving...

Blue Wrote:http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=Ma...&FORM=HURE

That is Magic shaving powder. You mix it with warm water to make a creamy lather, put it on the hair you want gone, wait 6-7 minutes and simply rinse the hair off, no razor needed. Like any depilatory it can burn if you leave it on too long but, it is made not to cause razor bumps and the like. There are several formulas so pick one for you (the silver can is for sensitive skin). It's sold at Wal Mart and most other places that sell grooming and hair care items for people of color - originally marketed to black men.

I prefer my black men hairy :biggrin:

Blue Wrote:http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=Ma...&FORM=HURE

Blue - thanks for recommending this. I'm going to give this a whirl and see what happens.

bryandurel Wrote:Blue - thanks for recommending this. I'm going to give this a whirl and see what happens.

Me as well Big Grin gunna pick it up now actually!