Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Controversial* Boom Bye Bye (by Buju Banton)
These lyrics were posted on a thread I regularly use on a bodybuilding website. Note the poster's 2 word comment at the end...

:mad:

Quote:Batty bwoy get up an run
Quote:At gunshot me head back

Hitch up on an rub up on
An lay down inna bed
Hug up on another
Anna feel up leg
Send fi di matic an
Di Uzi instead
Shoot dem no come if we shot dem--
Don't want Jackie
Give dem Paul instead
Dem don't want di sweetness
Between di leg
Gal bend down backway
An accept di peg
An if it really hot
You know she still naw gon fled
A some man
Still don't want di
Panty raid
Pure batty business dem love

me say boom bye bye
Inna batty bwoy head
Rude bwoy no promote the nasty man
Dem ah fi dead

sick lyrics

Controversial?More like confusing!Please explain.

This is one abhorrent example of the Jamaican dance hall musician's "art" which spurred a three-year long Stop Murder Music campaign. A truce was called last summer when Beenie Man, Sizzla and Capleton agreed not to record or perform songs that, among other things, advocated the killing of gay men simply for being gay. Up till that point the campaign was a success in costing the performers involved a fortune. Unfortunately, there was also some confusion over who had and who had not signed the deal, but to the best of my knowledge reggae performers such as Elephant Man, TOK, Bounty Killa, Vybz Kartel and Buju Banton did not sign the Reggae Compassionate Act. The Stop Murder Music continues against them.

It is difficult to understand them but roughly i believe it says: Shoot the batty boys (the gays) in the head because they dont like the sweetness between the legs (pussy) they like the peg (slang for cock i assume..)

In Jamaica , where the monkey with a record deal is from, homosexuality is punishable by the gangs. They strip them naked humiliate them in the ways they can and shoot them in the head or cut their throat. Of course it is against the human right laws but that doesnt stop the crimes they instead make songs about it.

It is not even 'controversial' , it's criminal poisoning peoples mind justifying murder for any reason and also degrading to women.

What we can do is login to yourube and report the song, if enough people do it they will take it down.

Disgusting.I've been to Jamaica and have seen the guy with the rainbow hair performing.Couldn't understand what he was singing about but now that I know about his homophobia,it's kind of disturbing.Disgusting.

Apparently Jamaica is the most homophobic country on earth, and Canada comes in at number 2

Shocking innit?

:eek:

Star Twister Wrote:Apparently Jamaica is the most homophobic country on earth, and Canada comes in at number 2

Shocking innit?

:eek:
Canada at number 2? Now I have to ask where you got those figures from. Are you seriously saying that Canada (where same-sex marriage is legal, which grants asylum to lgbt refugees and with its constitutional laws against discrimination) is more homophobic than ...
  • Syria (imprisonment for up to three years and from where more tolerant countries have taken lgbt refugees),
  • Nigeria (which now has so many laws condemning homosexuality I don't know where to start, but the death penalty in the northern Muslim regions might be a start!), or
  • Poland (where the body charged with protecting equality has been abolished, where Pride marches are banned, where senior politicians stir hatred with remarks that would rightly be condemned anywhere else in Western Europe, where the police fail to intervene while lgbt citizens are being beaten up by conservative religious and political gangs ...)
  • Iran, Mauritania, Saudi-Arabia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates, Yemen (all places where the death penalty exists when adults are found guilty of consensual same-sex activity)
My information is backed up on the ILGA, Stonewall and Amnesty websites.

Star Twister, I have to ask for your evidence on the table, please.