Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooking? Do not lick the content of the bowl!
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:that will kill the nutrients of the flour.

I freeze my flour for a month in air-tight/vaccum sealed bags. That kills all the interesting stuff on flour, and will keep the flour in a usable, tasty state.

I move the flour from the freezer to the counter to let it warm up, wiping the bag (which will have water condense on because of the cold) then move it to a tight-lidded popcorn can.

the real threat of doughs and other mixes is that you add eggs.

here in Murika they wash the eggs, refridgerate and put in a refridgerator. This opens the egg up to colonies of bacteria. In other countries they dry wipe eggs, carton them and store in a cool dark place.

That coating on the outside of eggs prevents bacteria from colonizing the eggs, thus the chance of getting interesting cultures is greater in the USA (which is stupid in a lot of areas) than so called third world countries that don't wash eggs until its time to use them.

I'm not sure I eat cookie dough for the nutritional content, BUT, you make an excellent point. And I like your work around too. Thanks for sharing it, man.

I love licking the bowl. Hahaha. Takes me back to my childhood cooking at home and I was given the bowl. Simpler being a child. Sucks to be an adult sometimes

bryyzy Wrote:I love licking the bowl. Hahaha. Takes me back to my childhood cooking at home and I was given the bowl. Simpler being a child. Sucks to be an adult sometimes

indeed xD I think back in our childhoods parents were allot less strict. It was fine to drink from a water hose, ride motorcycles/bicycles with ought helmets and eat cookie dough haha. I wonder if the age of computers has something to do with it. Its soo easy these days to see people getting sick from cookie dough or dieing while riding a bicycle with out a helmet. Too easy to be too cautious and takes the spice outta life Big Grin. I guess you can either
a. enjoy the cookie dough in your bowl and perhaps shorten your life expectancy or
b. live in a bubble and live to be a thousand ^_^

On the other hand, I went camping with some friends somewhere we shouldn't have been and a park ranger asked us to leave in the middle of cooking baked potatoes and pork chops. We tried to finish quick and get outa there. We wound up with food poisoning and I have been extremely cautious not to eat under cooked meat since Wink. Maybe one day a similar thing will happen with an egg or flour Big Grin.

Oh yeah I did most of my childhood biking without a helmet... I mean we had them but didn't wear them most of the time...

Thankfully, I've never had food poisoning...knock on wood.

Pork i think is particularly bad like turkey and chicken, can be really bad news if under cooked...

Ugh all the laws, regulations really take the fun out of camping. I'm looking at AT stuff and there are tons of regulations depending on where you're at. I don't know why anyone would want to hike the whole thing from Maine to Georgia...besides all the risks, some places you have to pay, can't have your dog, can't have a campfire and so on. I'm just looking to do some backpacking on some weekend but I plan on just doing something local... There's a trail not too far from me that from what I read takes about 3 days to do and I think would be fun...Not sure if I would do the whole 3 days by myself since I'm kind of new to a lot of it and don't want to get halfway through and be like oh I don't have enough water or whatever...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!