Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooking? Do not lick the content of the bowl!
Don't ever lick the uncooked dough from a mixing bowl.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...bow&wpmm=1
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Whatever. cookie dough was intentionally invented to weed out the weak stomachs our of the species to lead to a Super Human Race to dominate and eat all bacteria!

I shall continue to lick the homemade mint sauce from my cooking bowl and you can't stop me.

However as a habit I never buy american foodstuffs, just never really a good idea. The FDA would probably let the CEO of general mills take a whizz in that cookie-do.

TigerLover Wrote:I shall continue to lick the homemade mint sauce from my cooking bowl and you can't stop me.

However as a habit I never buy american foodstuffs, just never really a good idea. The FDA would probably let the CEO of general mills take a whizz in that cookie-do.

Oh Please, the CEO of the FDA does all the pissing personally, he is a man who has high standards when it comes to work ethics and wants the job done right!

So...... I'm going to start microwaving my flour before I make my cookie dough.

Problem solved.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:So...... I'm going to start microwaving my flour before I make my cookie dough.

Problem solved.

that will kill the nutrients of the flour.

I freeze my flour for a month in air-tight/vaccum sealed bags. That kills all the interesting stuff on flour, and will keep the flour in a usable, tasty state.

I move the flour from the freezer to the counter to let it warm up, wiping the bag (which will have water condense on because of the cold) then move it to a tight-lidded popcorn can.

the real threat of doughs and other mixes is that you add eggs.

here in Murika they wash the eggs, refridgerate and put in a refridgerator. This opens the egg up to colonies of bacteria. In other countries they dry wipe eggs, carton them and store in a cool dark place.

That coating on the outside of eggs prevents bacteria from colonizing the eggs, thus the chance of getting interesting cultures is greater in the USA (which is stupid in a lot of areas) than so called third world countries that don't wash eggs until its time to use them.

Don't athletes eat or drink raw eggs. Like rocky did. Movies would never mislead people to doing something harmful i hope.

Actually the chances from getting sick via raw eggs are rather low.
I have ate them often in various drinks IE home made eggnog and a special banana milk/protein shake I made for myself on occasion. My brother was at one time really into weight lifting, and did the chugging of raw eggs neither he nor I ever got sick. So I would say its a partake at your own risk, but odds are good you will be fine.

I never got sick from eating cookie dough or raw egg (although it was usually part of a cake mix lol)...

However, yes it can make you sick... There are billions of microbes trying to kill you every moment... That's why we have immune systems.

I have never had plan raw egg... has to be hot. I mean I will have sunny side up but I don't think I would like to chug down a couple raw eggs...cold...nah I mean maybe I would try it on a dare or something...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

OK Axle, I dare ya.

Silver Bullet, I think maybe the pickling effect of the liquor in eggnog takes care of the raw egg. On the other hand, if you drink eggnog without liquor, that is its own punishment.

All of these cautions should be aken seriously. E. Coli and salmonella and other pathogens really can make you miserably sick. Why risk it?
I bid NO Trump!