Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooking Tips, Tricks, and Cheats
I just picked up something from Titli Nihaan's video, If you bake a pie or cheesecake in a springform pan, turn the base upside down so that it's a flat surface to allow you to slide the pie off when you're done!

http://titlisbusykitchen.com/

I don't have to awkwardly flip my cheesecakes over now.

post more food tricks!

If you have a box cake mix you should:

1 Double the eggs/add 2 eggs witch ever is less. Or Replace the egg whites with egg yolks if it asks for a whole egg (its a 2:1 ratio white to yolks or for a 2 oz large egg About 1.33 oz whites .67oz yolks)

2 replace oil with the same amount melted butter

3 Replace water with milk (whole is best flavor)

4 Add 1 instant pudding mix Of the same-ish flavor or add what flavor you want (If you have a white cake mix you can mix any type of pudding and it will become that flavor BUT it will not be very strong)

I am a bad cook. Smile
An eye for an eye

smoothy
use tofu and or cssen protein powder to thicken

When a recipe on a jar of simmer sauce calls for chicken breast, use thigh.

You won't end up with crap dry, cardboard crap chicken.

Dan1980 Wrote:I am a bad cook. Smile

My sister burns water!!!!

Gnocchi -

Boil in Water for 10-15 Minutes (or until they start floating)

Drain the water out and add desired Sauce (Prego, Ragu, Alfredo etc)

Optional Tips;

Sprinkle Parmesian Cheese on the plate before placing the Gnocchi on it. Some on top too, but this allows for maximum absorbsion.

Add leaves, such as Basil for maximum taste and "fanciness" Wink

Sprinkle desired amount of Salt to add flavour.

~

I do a lot of Pasta (being Half Italian lol), but can do pastries and Barbeque fairly well...

I just don't want to give away all my hard earned secrets <3. .. For free Wink

I googled "Gnocchi"

[Image: Mignacca,+Carlo.jpg]

From Wikpeida:

Gnocchi (/ˈnɒki/ or /ˈnjɒki/; Italian: [ˈɲɔkki], singular gnocco) are various thick, soft dumplings that may be made from semolina,[1] ordinary wheat flour,[2] flour and egg,[3] flour, egg, and cheese,[4] potato,[5] breadcrumbs,[6] or similar ingredients.[7][8][9]

MisterTinkles Wrote:I googled "Gnocchi"

[Image: Mignacca,+Carlo.jpg]

From Wikpeida:

Gnocchi (/ˈnɒki/ or /ˈnjɒki/; Italian: [ˈɲɔkki], singular gnocco) are various thick, soft dumplings that may be made from semolina,[1] ordinary wheat flour,[2] flour and egg,[3] flour, egg, and cheese,[4] potato,[5] breadcrumbs,[6] or similar ingredients.[7][8][9]

Now ya done gone made me hungry Wink . Gotta make some now lol.

Lilitu Wrote:When a recipe on a jar of simmer sauce calls for chicken breast, use thigh.

You won't end up with crap dry, cardboard crap chicken.

Sear the exterior of a skinless chicken breast. This means you get the pan hot (stove on highest setting) with a wee bit of oil. Drop the breasts in, let them sit about a minute turn them over and repeat. Both sides will be browned on the exterior.

Reduce heat to cook. What juice that is there will get stuck in the meat once the flesh is cauterized by the searing process.