Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooking in the Office
I no longer bring my own lunch from home to work. My boss and one of my colleagues are both trying to lose weight and they hired me to be their so called Chef. So now I cook in the office!

I've been cooking in the office since early July. Our pantry is now completed with not only a microwave but a bread toaster, a small (hot plate) electric stove and a sandwich maker. We also have a cheese slicer in the office! It's a godsend. It saves my time to slice cheese, garlic and onion.

Anyway if you guys have simple quick healthy recipes, please do share with me as I would like to try it out. I don't and can't cook anything complicated in the office though as I only have an hour to prepare a meal.

Click photo to enlarge.

[Image: 01.jpg]

Above: Roasted Black Pepper Chicken with Herbs, Roasted Salmon Marinated with Herbs, Lemon Juice and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Wholemeal Bread with oil dipping and a bowl of Salad (Not Shown). This was my first cook in the office and holy, I was nervous.

[Image: 14.jpg]

Above: Self-made Tomato Soup with Breast Chicken and Edam Cheese

[Image: 13.jpg]

Above: Self-made Tomato Soup with Chicken Cocktails and Mixed Veggies, Toasted Cheese Bread with a bit of Lettuce and Cherry Tomatoes

[Image: 12.jpg]

Above: Potato Wedges, Roasted Black Pepper Breast Chicken with Cheese covered in Mushroom Pepper Sauce with Lettuce and Cherry Tomatoes

[Image: 10.jpg]

Above: Yep, French Fries! But instead of deep frying these frozen french fries, I roasted these wiggly potatoes in a microwave with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

[Image: 09.jpg]

Above: Fish Fillets cooked with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Herbs. Blended with Self-made Tomato Sauce

[Image: 08.jpg]

Above: 10-minute salad as I was very busy on that day. Lettuce, Tomato Cherries and Cocktail Sausages Sprinkled with Edam Cheese. Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pineapple Sauce as sauce.

[Image: 07.jpg]

Above: Self-made Mashed Potatoes with Self-made Mushroom Sauce. I had to prepare the mashed potatoes at home though as I had to use a kitchen blender to smooth up the texture of my potatoes.

[Image: 06.jpg]

[B]Above:[/B] Pita Bread with Roasted Black Pepper Chicken Patties sprinkled with Edam Cheese with Lettuce and Tomatoes

[Image: 05.jpg]

Above: Voila! The whole meal that I have mentioned above.

[Image: 04.jpg]

Above: Pita Bread with Roasted Chicken Sausages and White Eggs Covered in Black Pepper Sauce

[Image: 03.jpg]

Above: Ah! My homemade-I-Have-No-Idea-What-To-Call-It-As. It was basically Roasted Minced Chicken marinated and blended with White Eggs, Avocado, Herbs, Mangoes, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Walnuts. My colleagues said it was good. It was sweet and tender.

[Image: 02.jpg]

Above: Roasted Black Pepper Chicken Tortilla with Edam Cheese.

dude, these look delicious :o

Oh wow!

you spoil your collegues. demand a raise Tongue

Lucky work colleagues Smile

You are awesome, dude!
It all looks so delicious!

wow these look healthy i have a question for the fries did you make those healthy too

Thanks guys! I enjoy cooking in the office. So far.

Rawr Wrote:you spoil your collegues. demand a raise Tongue

I'll keep that in mind! :biggrin:

toomuch45 Wrote:wow these look healthy i have a question for the fries did you make those healthy too

I do my best to keep my diet healthy as possible. That fries was actually my first fries since 2005. I haven't touched deep fried and fast food like McDonald's and KFC since 2005. Except for Subway. I can tolerate with Subway although it's still somewhat salty for my taste. So I only eat Subway once or twice in a year.

The supermarket where I bought the fries carried four to five different brands at the time. I compared each brand based upon ingredients and nutrition information.

My rule is simple when it comes to processed/packaged food, the less ingredients, the better. Zero trans fat is a must. Same goes with MSG (Monosodium glutamate), corn syrup and saturated fat. I know that saturated fat in processed/packaged food is unavoidable sometime so I 'neutralize' it through workout.

The ingredients of frozen fries that I bought were potatoes and vegetable oil. It has no preservatives whatsoever. But the thing is there are many types of vegetable oil and they are not all as natural or healthy. But eh, it should be okay to consume as long as you know the limit (food portion).

But since I am fussy... :biggrin:

I washed my frozen fries with hot water to eliminate its vegetable oil as much as possible. I then blended my fries with extra virgin olive oil. I sprinkled the fries with a very light amount of salt as I was going to serve it with chili ketchup (ketchup already contains salt). Instead of deep frying, I microwaved my fries.

I am a health freak but I do switch on my 'I-Am-a-Human-After-All' mode once in a week. So my colleagues and I still eat in a restaurant every week. As freak as I am, I still eat anyone's birthday cake.

Speaking of birthday cake, my boss asked me to buy a cake to celebrate a colleague's birthday on last July. She asked me to buy a small cake since we didn't have a lot colleagues in the office on that moment. But what did I do? I bought a huge one because the huge one was cheap. I was forced to eat few slices of the cake by my boss. Hur. Below was the cake!

[Image: 11.jpg]

... I ran my butt off after work.