Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coolest MARVEL Movie
Oh I agree - the entire concept of the X-Men mutants is somewhat akin to homosexuals, as there's the whole accepted -v- shunned and feared thinig going on, and that question that's put to mutants "do you try and conceal your powers, or do you embrace what you are ?", which is, again akin to the coming out issues gay people face.

It's just that we lack the ability to throw fireballs or teleport around ... DAMN :frown:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

You know, when I watched the X-Men movies, the comparison of the mutants to gays, went thru my mind... there are several quotes throughout the movies where mutant and gay would be so easily interchangeable.

Exactly !!

I think the main reason I didn't put it forward earlier was because it might have been taken out of context as me sounding like homosexuals are the next stage in human evolution or something which, yes, I'd love to believe, but somehow I just don't see it ... unless I were to adopt the following rationale of course ...

Mother Nature knows that humankind is overcrowding her beloved planet, and so what's her solution ? Breed a new generation of people that won't contribute to the planet ...

... although that mentality is obviously seriously flawed, but hey - it's the closest I could think of on short notice :redface: Confusedmile: Cool.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

These are not my words... but they're appropriate here I think... Big Grin

Quote:logically, assuming as many breeders do that the primary reason we are here is to produce offspring (and thus contribute to perfecting the species thru small evolutionary adaptations)--how could homosexuals exist unless we are logically the end of the line--i.e., perfection has been acheived and therefore we are taken out of the breeding game to allow the others the chance to do the same? it is perfectly obvious, isn't it?

Wouldn't it be nice ??

Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!