Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Couple dies from COVID-19 holding hands, within four minutes of each other in Rowan Co., N.C.

By WBTV Staff - Published: Sep. 11, 2020

A husband and wife, married for 48 years, died within four minutes of each other, holding hands, in the hospital in Salisbury one week ago from COVID-19. Their funeral was held Wednesday.

“They were married 48 years, been together 50, they walked hand in hand for those 50 years,” said son Shane Peoples.

One week ago, Shane Peoples says he was cheated. His mom and dad, 67-year-old Johnny Lee Peoples and 65-year-old Cathy Darlene Peoples died from COVID-19. It marked the end of a thirty-day ordeal of both parents contracting the virus, rapidly declining, and then dying. It started with his mother, just days away from retirement.

“It was mainly the fever and loss of taste,” Peoples said. “My dad starting showing symptoms two days later. About two weeks later they were both put in the ICU. Everything just went south, everything just got worse.”

And when the end was in sight, Shane says the hospital staff did what it could to bring the couple together.  “The next day they put them in the same room, same ICU room, they put their hands together, the nurses gathered around and they passed within four minutes of each other,” Peoples said.

https://www.wndu.com/2020/09/11/couple-d...wan-co-nc/
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

That's so sad @CellarDweller and I believe it when they sat it's about to get worse. I was shocked that so many colleges were bringing students back on campus, then while I was watching some college football I noticed a lot of students standing shoulder to shoulder with their mask down or only around the mouth.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Such a sad story BUT I love how they held hands and left the planet together.

Coronavirus death toll from Maine wedding rises to 7, with over 175 infected

By Minyvonne Burke  -  Sept. 15, 2020, 2:17 PM EDT

The death toll from a coronavirus outbreak linked to an indoor wedding and reception in Maine has risen to seven, with the number of cases connected to the event up to 176.

The latest death was reported at the Maplecrest Rehabilitation Center in Madison, where five prior deaths were also deemed connected to the Aug. 7 wedding and reception. One person died at a hospital in the Millinocket area, a spokesman for the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday.

About 65 people attended the event, in violation of Gov. Janet Mills' executive order limiting indoor gatherings to 50 people, the Maine CDC has said.

The wedding ceremony was held at Tri Town Baptist Church in East Millinocket, about 63 miles north of Bangor, and a reception was held at the Big Moose Inn Cabins and Campground in Millinocket.

A person who answered the phone Tuesday at Big Moose Inn said they are not commenting and the church could not immediately be reached.

None of the seven people who have died attended the wedding or the reception.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cor...d-n1240138

[Image: 51324296592_613d674874_z.jpg]

Steve Grand is an openly gay singer who made waves with his first videos, "American Boy" and "Stay".

He posted this to his Twitter feed and Facebook account about an hour ago.

I tested positive for COVID-19 today. I’m fully vaccinated.

I started experiencing symptoms last Friday, a day after I flew back from Ptown.

I say this not to alarm, but to notify anyone who had contact with me while I was out there. Considering the timeline, I believe I must have gotten it while in ptown.

I also want to remind folks that you still can get COVID after being vaccinated. I had both Moderna shots about 2 months ago.

Thankfully, and very likely because of the vaccine, my symptoms are very mild: dry cough, fatigue, but mostly, I just feel a little “off.”

Also, I want to apologize for having to cancel my last 4 shows in ptown. It broke my heart to have to do that but it clearly was a blessing in disguise, as I ended up having COVID.

Stay safe out there. If you are unvaccinated, have a look at the stats and the fact that the vast majority of COVID hospitalizations are those without the vaccine; some 99% of Covid deaths are those that are unvaccinated…take into consideration those who are unable to be vaccinated…
[-] The following 2 members Like CellarDweller's post:
  • Bhp91126, eastofeden

^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Stay safe out there. If you are unvaccinated, have a look at the stats and the fact that the vast majority of COVID hospitalizations are those without the vaccine; some 99% of Covid deaths are those that are unvaccinated…take into consideration those who are unable to be vaccinated…"

Worth Repeating 

Sadly, people in our country cling to this libertarian policy "don't regulate the individual" and then don't want to face the consequences or "have our cake and eat it too" in many cases it is a good thing but seems to be applied to wrong things. For instance yes, people have the right to choose not to be vaccinated, wear seatbelts, eat cheeseburgers and so on but then we expect the government or someone else to pick up the slack for bad choices. For instance the Federal Government will (might) pay for COVID treatment including funeral expenses. I don't know that I agree that the government should pay for someone's treatment because they didn't get the vaccine (because they didn't want it). It is sad that so many people can't see the world beyond themselves. Granted, I can be a bit farsighted at times as I am human but it is, well, disgusting that maybe half the population has got the vaccine and nearly all the deaths are those who are unvaccinated and might also be the reason that another variant of COVID might spread, might bring about another variant that the current vaccines don't stop. What are we really dealing with here? Mass stupidity? Laziness? Now, I don't think for a minute that the US is the only country facing this sort of issue either, let's face it any time the US does something [stupid] it makes international news, I just don't buy that everything is sunshine and rainbows everywhere else because it didn't hit CNN.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I was thinking the other day how much of the anti-vax mentality would exist without the internet. Despite all the good things the internet has brought, it's hard to deny the negatives that have come with it. Granted we would still have certain elements of Fox News pushing it, but I wonder how much it would have taken hold if it then had to rely on word of mouth rather than social media to continue the spread.

(07-21-2021, 05:15 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Sadly, people in our country cling to this libertarian policy "don't regulate the individual" and then don't want to face the consequences or "have our cake and eat it too" in many cases it is a good thing but seems to be applied to wrong things. For instance yes, people have the right to choose not to be vaccinated, wear seatbelts, eat cheeseburgers and so on but then we expect the government or someone else to pick up the slack for bad choices. For instance the Federal Government will (might) pay for COVID treatment including funeral expenses. I don't know that I agree that the government should pay for someone's treatment because they didn't get the vaccine (because they didn't want it). It is sad that so many people can't see the world beyond themselves. Granted, I can be a bit farsighted at times as I am human but it is, well, disgusting that maybe half the population has got the vaccine and nearly all the deaths are those who are unvaccinated and might also be the reason that another variant of COVID might spre

Imight bring about another variant that the current vaccines don't stop. What are we really dealing with here? Mass stupidity? Laziness? Now, I don't think for a minute that the US is the only country facing this sort of issue either, let's face it any time the US does something [stupid] it makes international news, I just don't buy that everything is sunshine and rainbows everywhere else because it didn't hit CNN.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

you are correct. Germany has their fair share of people refusing to get vaccinated as well. Egoism, conspiracy theories, laziness are holding up the crowd-immunity as well. My mom got shot #2 only on July 3 and by now vaccines outnumber people who want to get vaccinated.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

(07-21-2021, 08:12 PM)calgor Wrote: I was thinking the other day how much of the anti-vax mentality would exist without the internet. Despite all the good things the internet has brought, it's hard to deny the negatives that have come with it. Granted we would still have certain elements of Fox News pushing it, but I wonder how much it would have taken hold if it then had to rely on word of mouth rather than social media to continue the spread.

I'd say we would still have a fair amount of anti-vaxxers, perhaps not so much? Hard to say. I honestly don't watch Fox News at all so not sure what sort of narrative they're pushing, but I know that some conservatives are indeed getting the vaccine, so I think it is really down to idiots, assholes and morons.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!