Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cosmic ordering
Who believes in this stuff?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_ordering

Well it can be true and false at the same time if you think about it as quantum mechanic.

I just remembered the study made in holland...

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v52...15759.html

The act of simply thinking "positive" can have good effects. Writing down a wish list can aid in furthering those positive thoughts.

I'm not familiar with the authors writings, but I like what I saw from the link you provided.

I remember reading a book by Vincent Peale called The Power Of Positive Thinking,,, back when I was a teenager. I was very impressed.

Jim
We Have Elvis !!

There once was an experiment where rats were placed in a cage with a button. Sometimes the button dispensed food pellets and sometimes it did nothing at all.

One rat happened to look to the right before he pressed the button and recieved a pellet. so he looked right again before pushing the button and wouldn't you know he got another pellet. From then on he would look to the right everytime he pressed the button.

Over time all the rats developed little superstitious rituals they performed before pressing the button. Even though the button was entirely random.

This is the human version of that experiment.

Im personally not suspicious or superstitious

Cosmos means "order", so this would be...Orderly order? :eek:
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

i think its crap then i think its insulting to think that

Insertnamehere Wrote:Cosmos means "order", so this would be...Orderly order? :eek:

Nope, "cosmos" means "universe,"
so this would mean, universal ordering.

thawoods Wrote:Nope, "cosmos" means "universe,"
so this would mean, universal ordering.

The Greek word Κόσμος means order, meant to be the opposite of χάος, the shapeless void before everything existed in Greek cosmogony.

Κόσμος is not initally "universe", bur the "order" within the universe, how the planets are in orbits, the spherical shape of celestial bodies, etc.

It was later equated to "universe" by simplification, and a rather wrong one at that
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]