Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cosplay? :)
Are there any cosplayers out there who'd like to discuss and maybe share a pic of their works? Smile

I googled cosplay as I wasn't even sure what it was - never new that dressing in costume apart the obvious holidays was a thing, does sound fun if you were meeting other like minded people though - the best costume I made was the Clown from Steven kings It, but that was for Halloween and a concert so I guess it doesn't count,

Why not tell more about what you get up to with cosplay and educate people like me in the art of cosplay and all that goes with it

Sure, I'd be glad to!

Cosplaying is different for everyone, but for most people, it's simply a way to make friends who share the same interests as you and have fun with them through it. A lot of people end up meeting each other through comic book and videogame conventions where they dress up as their favourite characters to support that character's respective series and whatnot.

To some, it literally can be the same enjoyment of being able to dress up for Halloween; only with cosplay, you can experience that fun and entertainment all year long as it's not just set out for one specific day!

For me personally, I used to go to a performing arts college and I've always had fun dressing up and trying new things out. Cosplay is a perfect way for me to play with those skills and make new friends all at the same time. Playing the character I'm dressing up as and acting as them is also a fun way to better my skills as an actor, or so I like to believe, so there's always something new and interesting to learn from it Smile

Of course everything is subjective and individual to everyone, but it's definitely fun to play around with and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the chance to be socially creative, whether through DIY kind of tasks or just getting the chance to make new friends!

Actually I need to Cosplay for the first time this summer for my sister's wedding. It's not even a cosplay I want to do :'(

My "cosplaying" has been for things like Halloween, I never went to any convention. But I thought I'd share this as it's a simple, straightforward interview with a cosplayer who shares how she made her look: