Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could use some advice...
Ok so I dated this guy last week and he was great and we got on really well!! Then I was working 4 days in a row so wouldn't get to see him n he seemed to grow distant whilst I seemed to get stronger feelings for him. We we're suppose to meet on Sunday but he said his mum was rushed into hospital so couldn't which I was initially sceptical but chose to believe him. We then txt on Monday and he was like I'm free on Thursday we need to chat.. But after that he has ignored my txts...

So that's the kinda backstory but at the same time I keep getting mega paranoid and overthinking that he's gonna turn around and say he doesn't want to see me again. At the same time I'm having massive mood swings which range from being happy to borderline suicidal which I can't control at all n it's freaking me out.. I should add that a number of issue recently surfaced (which I don't want to go into in such a public area) as well as my now oh so apparent cripplinly low self esteem..

so all in all I'm a complete mess and think I must have attached myself to this guy (who I thought liked me) too much because of that and it's freaked him out. So I guess does anyone have any idea how I could try n stop feeling/doing this so to be in with a better chance in the future?
Thanks for reading..

This might be a lost cause. He may have met someone else, or otherwise moved on. It happens, and you shouldn't read anything into it. You've let him know you had fun with him, and are interested in seeing him again, so the ball is in his court. But don't wait by the phone.

stop sending him texts. He texted you on Monday, said he's free Thursday, so now wait until Thursday.

If you continue to text, you'll only look like a "Stage 4 clinger" who can't let him go. Do what you would normally do with your time, and then you'll chat on Thursday.

If a text from him does no come in on Thursday, then he's just not into you, and you need to let it go.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

It's not your fault.
Sometimes guys just get cold feet and that is what has happened here.
I know you are just out but sometimes playing the dating game is like a child learning to walk. You fall down a lot until you get confident at it.
As regards this or any other guy, remember this.....
If he cares about you he will make time not excuses and that is a golden rule really.
Don't get down on yourself here. There are other guys but starting off in dating I think lots of people come across as needy until they get how it works and that is: you win some you lose some!

Getting on well with someone does not mean any kind of a relationship other than just friends. I have been out with some men that I had stronger feelings for than they had for me. Instead of pushing things (which always turns out bad for me) I just left things go where they go. You need to except that you can not force him to feel more than he does for you. Letting nature take its course has found me some very valuable friends. Who knows, maybe it will turn into something if you are not coming on too strong.

Best of luck

Eth21 Wrote:so all in all I'm a complete mess
You have the right to be a mess. You could also move on and tell yourself you're only 22 with years of partying ahead of me.

Thanks guys.. I reread that back and i sound completely crazy... As for that guy his phone was broken and was sending txts but I wasn't getting them.. So I look a fool.. but I met him yesterday and everything is cool he apparently doesn't think I was being clingy at all so I'm rather good at hiding it all lol but I feel a lot better now I've kicked myself n told myself to grow up!!!