Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could you critique me? This is about being transgender.
Honestly, it sounds a bit overdramatic and attention-needy.
"I'm looked down at because I'm a guy who likes guys.. So I wanna be a woman instead! *stomps foot*"

My heart goes out to those who are literally born in a body of the wrong gender. They should definately transition and it will be completely natural to them...
But just picking and choosing because you think skinny women look better than skinny guys? ..Ugh...

That's actually the way this "please critique my body, AGAIN" thread comes across, in my opinion.
Am I wrong?

Swanny Wrote:I'm not hard to understand or I am not sorry? Which one was it, and i'm getting the point.

You're not hard to understand.

Idk it is so hard to make my mind up, I guess I just figured that us normal people see things in black or white, man or women. I don't know if I can pull off the man who is feminine thing, that is why I considered estrogen and or testosterone blockers. I feel like my genetics are making me condusive to being big and burly and it is too hard without test blocker or estrogen maybe to lose all the manly muscles at least so I can be feminine. I mean if one wants to be fem in appearance and stay that way, why not just become the pure embodiment of femininity which is a woman?

ok just clarifying

Swanny Wrote:120lbs? That is too much, I've seen people at that bmi and they look thick still. I want to be skinny like bill kaulitz and jeffree star. I think I look chunky and muscular at the same time.

You have the type of body that I would like to be able to say I have a body of a 19 year old... tied up and locked in my closet.....:biggrin:

In your original post you said:

"I want to go from being a man to being a woman"

That means you need to see a doctor, get a baseline measurement of everything before you go mucking about trying to change your body.

If you want to become a woman, you will need therapies for that. Hormone therapies require that your body is not going through any major change.

Dropping weight, especially muscle mass is major change, this will upset your hormone levels and other chemistry.

So before you do anything to change your weight, consult a doctor about this transition you want to make.

Swanny Wrote:normal people see things in black or white
There is no black or white. Not in reality. Only shades of gray.

Every single human on this planet has at least one feminine trait and at least one masculine one.

If seeing the world in black and white is normal... then I deeply fear for the future of all mankind, as that is an extremely narrow-minded and dangerous view of the world.

Uneunsae Wrote:You CAN keep up. I think YOU need to redefine what you think a man should be. If you really believed that you don't need bulky muscles, etc then just do your thing and stop worrying about what other people think,

I have almost no muscle and am constantly mistaken for a girl. Yesterday, I ran errands all day and almost everyone called me a girl. I don't work out, play sports, or anything you're describing. The problem is not other men, it's your insecurity that makes you cave to peer pressure.

If you change gender, you will feel like you're in a nightmare living in the wrong body. You don't even have the slightest idea what transition will do to you. And talk about peer pressure? Women throw it on each other in much heavier doses than men!! And they can be downright cruel about it. You will never make it as a woman looking like those guys you want to look like. THEY'RE NOT WOMEN! They don't even remotely look like women. Yeah some people say they do, but those are just people who associate makeup and long hair with women.

And a therapist will never agree to hormone therapy since you're not a woman. "Living a feminine lifestyle and being thin" is NOT what makes a woman! I have that kind of lifestyle. My hair is really long, and I'm growing to my waist. I groom way more than most men do. My clothes are androgynous. I have a soft voice. Sometimes I wear minimal makeup. And so on.

See this guy here? This is my style.

[Image: 6689b6a10f26f809b02956203787fd8d.jpg]

It is NOT your gender that's the issue here.

You need to experiment with how you look. How do you want your hair to look like? If you want it long, grow it out. If you want to shave your body hair, do it! Take some of BowynAerrow's advice about your diet. See a nutritionist. You'll look awkward in the beginning, kind of like a pre teen girl learning how to do her hair and put on makeup, but that's how you find what's comfortable for you.

I went through the same phase. Granted, I'm a little blessed genetically in that I'm intersex, but I've seen plenty of "normal" guys pull of the andro look.

You really need to take a good amount of time and -listen- to what Uneunsae is saying. Especially in this post quoted above.

Androgyny is not feminine. Androgyny is not masculine. It's BOTH. That's the entire definition of Androgyny.

"Androgyny is the combination of masculine and feminine characteristics. Sexual ambiguity may be found in fashion, gender identity, sexual identity, or sexual lifestyle. It can also refer to biological intersex physicality, especially with regard to plant and human sexuality." - Wikipedia

In other words? Being androgynous does not make you female. It sounds to me like you long to be androgynous.

You reference Bill Kaulitz. Dude, have you seen his brother? They're TWINS and his brother is fucking ripped. I'm pointing this out because it means that there's no reason you can't have either physique, IF you go about it the right way. A nutritionist should be able to aid you in getting that androgynous appearance **healthily** rather than just guessing and assuming what's going to get you there and screwing your health to shit in the process.

Swanny Wrote:Yes I want to embrace being different even though my parents say being different is bad and even mental ill, how about that? They just ride the bandwagon when it comes to being socially acceptable or not. I don't know how I am going to make it or if I'm even going to make it or not.

Sac up.

Sorry. I HATE that phrase, but in this case? I don't have anything better. You need to choose to be your own man. Choose to embrace who you are instead of trying to conform to what others want you to be. This doesn't mean necessarily defending yourself against them. It means -ignoring- their bullshit and not acknowledging their wants and desires.

I have been severely berated and "picked on" by my father my entire life. Since I was a toddler. Why? Because I am androgynous. Because I'm interested in guys. Because I'm not interested in "traditionally male" things such as sports, weights, cars, etc. The man even encouraged my extended family to be in on the abusive treatment, berating, and hurtful behavior.... which they all gladly hopped on the bandwagon.

Did I decide I want to be a girl? FUCK no. I have a twin sister and have more than enough exposure to -appreciate- the fact I have a dick and am male. I -did- however emancipate from my parents at 16. I put myself through high school and university on my own. By the time I hit 20, I was signing a mortgage and settling down into being a responsible adult.

Get your head on straight. Take pride in who you are. Not who you think others want you to be, nor in who/what you think will make life easier for you.

Swanny Wrote:I just figured that us normal people see things....

Us normal people?? Seriously, man. There is -no such thing- as normal. And if people are putting this much pressure on you? If there -was- a normal, they certainly wouldn't be it.

Swanny Wrote:I mean if one wants to be fem in appearance and stay that way, why not just become the pure embodiment of femininity which is a woman?

Because I like having a dick. Because I don't relate on an emotional level to being a woman. Because I'm NOT a woman, no matter how androgynous my appearance may have been and/or be still today.

Gender is more than just one's appearance. I think that's what you don't seem to get here.