Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousin Conversation
About a month or so ago I posted about my cousin that I'm almost confident is gay. I basically posted that I thought he and I should talk because I could use his support right now. Unfortunately, it has been a tough time getting together do to busy schedules or continued canceled plans. I invited him over to watch a movie twice this week but he "couldn't." So, last night, while he was out with friends, I decided to go to a gay club that I like to visit, instead of wait for my cousin, who doesn't seem to be that interested in talking to me.

While I was at the club, he sent me a text telling he couldn't make it to my house and that we should hang out soon. I texted him back and told that it was okay because I wasn't home anyway and I told him that we should hang out and I have something to talk to him about. His text back to me, "Where are you?" Perfect opportunity to say I'm at a gay club, right? Except, I chickened out and ignored him.

He called me this afternoon to check in on me, which made me feel good, and asked what I needed to talk to him about. I told him that I would rather talk in person. He seemed concerned, somewhat worried and wanted to know over the phone. After a few minutes of back and forth playful banter, he informed me that he was leaving town for the week and was working a lot. I told him that I could wait until we had free time.

So, do you think it's good for me to stand my ground and wait until we meet in person?
I kind of get the feeling that he doesn't want to make time for me because it might interfere with his social life or he thinks I'm straight or really boring or whatever.

What do you think I should do? I'm kind of feeling like, maybe it's not meant to be for us to talk about sexuality with each other.

He's family. That won't change whether you become closer friends or not. I'd stand my ground, wait for the time and take the time. I'd frame it in terms of the advantage of being family and that being important to you. I'd focus on my thoughts and feelings and ideas and not his. I'd share as openly and straight up as possible and let it go where he lets it. Even though I'd be very nervous and anxious about it I'd feel very good about myself for having taken the risk, seeing it through and making myself available as a closer connection than just friends or just family and hopefully BOTH! If he goes for it WoNdErFuL!!! If he shys away I'd give him room and well wishes and move forward. You know he'll keep the trust and he'll now know who he can turn to when needed. Win Win. Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I got another text from my cousin last night asking if I had returned the movie yet and that He would love to come over and watch it after he got off work. I went and picked him up last night and we came back to my place. He asked me what I needed to talk about. I told him that I had a question about him that had to do with me. I flat out asked "Are you gay?" He said "yes" I then told him about me. It was great to talk to him. He was really thrilled and proud of me and it felt great to talk to another person. We are planning some good times ahead. Thanks for your support all.

Oh, and one more thing. I couldn't believe how emotional I was tempted to be while I was telling him. Telling people your true feelings can be really hard, even after he told me he was gay.

YEAH!!!!!! Win WIN! Yllove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Great news........now you have someone from your family that supports you.
Keep it that way,.....
All the best
Take care

Yes, a win win situation. It was one of the most Liberating experiences. We Shared some interesting experiences in common and he seemed to understand what I was going through. I feel so awesome right now!

He is family , you might as well keep him on the good list.

Aw that's nice, it must have been so liberating for you. Smile

this cousin project of yours is taking a lot of your time and not much of his.