Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousin getting married. What to do?
WASPish families are the worst, always so many factions and endless passive aggressiveness.

Personally, I would favour going, but I've never been above engaging in all the pettiness that family gatherings bring. Think of the infamy if you ruin the wedding, they'll be talking about it for decades.

There are a few things I should add.
When I spoke to her she genuinely wanted us both to come. So yes he's invited.
I don't see how we could steal the show, as I said histrionics are not their style until thyou leave, by then the Bride will be on her Honeymoon to Cabo St. Lucas.

Pip it's funny I know from friends that WASPish families are pretty bad,
However Armenian families like mine (think Kim Kardashian and Cher)) are far worse
They talk about EVERYTHING for decades
However I wonder how much contact I'll have with them in decades as I'm already starting to lessen my contact with them as I have no need for negative people in my life. I'm probably not going to hear what they have to say
Me, my cousin, our mothers and her aunt are the "outcasts" of the family and we're starting to separate ourselves from them more and more
I'm going to keep her well-being in mind when I make my final decision.Im going to Cali, but I'm still not sure about the wedding.
BTW- in my family each wedding is remembered for some drama other than the nuptuals, lol.

Everyone has been so helpful!
I can't thank you enough! Confusedmile:

Quote:I'm already starting to lessen my contact with them as I have no need for negative people in my life.

Done that, best thing you will ever do. Great to surround yourself with positive people who care Smile

Quote:but I'm still not sure about the wedding.

Your cousin and her fiancee want you there, your boyfriend wants to be there...I'll be damned if I let you pike out mate Wink You're going if I have to fly over there and haul your butt to the wedding Smile

GO!!! Have a great time

I hope you guys have fun.
I think your cousin is awesome!!