Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covergirl
Hmmph, why is this even a thread about Transgender people and the issues they face. I see a pretty boy with makeup. There's no hint that he wants to change what he is, that's a supposition on everyone's part. Now, if there's an interview where he says he's FtM, then that's one thing, but just wearing makeup is not a sign of being transgendered.

My fiance loves to wear makeup, hair extensions, and fake fingernails. He does not want to be a woman, as he says, he loves his dick (as do I.) He was standing outside a gay bar last night, a patron came out and was giving him shit because of his nails. Called him a faggot, and like shoved his shoulder or something (I wasn't there.) So my fiance swung at him, and his straight friend jumped out of the car to back him up. As my fiance was explaining it to me this morning, I asked him, so was the 'dude' masculine? Yup...

BTW here he is...
[Image: 30285540136_22f1270cee_c.jpg]
jayy by keithm_home, on Flickr

It's just a style, a more feminine style for sure, but just a style that makes him feel glamourous.

artyboy was making a point about discrimination in our society, in general. Of course he wasn't saying that the treatment of the disabled, and transgendered were the same, just that they both face discrimination and abuse.

why corsacreborn is getting their panties in a bunch is beyond me

axle2152 Wrote:[MENTION=23954]Gemini[/MENTION] I don't know for sure but people have this false sense of duty to force their beliefs on other people and as someone stated in this thread people are scared of what they don't understand, it is like they're intimidated and people lash out, sometimes with violence. I frankly don't see how people operate that way,k but if I can relate to my intolerance to people who are intolerant I guess I could relate.

I really want to point the finger at religion as it is partly to blame but I think a lot of it is that most humans are just cruel. I mean I've seen quite a few blow ups, arguments and trolls here on this forums....realistically not really all that bad but even then there's a lot of people who really show their true colors while sitting behind a monitor...

Humans are tribal/cliquish, and react the same way everywhere to people not of their tribe/clique, "them bad, us good, hurt intruder to show our dominance" Kinda hardwired that way I think.

kindy64 Wrote:Hmmph, why is this even a thread about Transgender people and the issues they face. I see a pretty boy with makeup. There's no hint that he wants to change what he is, that's a supposition on everyone's part. Now, if there's an interview where he says he's FtM, then that's one thing, but just wearing makeup is not a sign of being transgendered.

My fiance loves to wear makeup, hair extensions, and fake fingernails. He does not want to be a woman, as he says, he loves his dick (as do I.) He was standing outside a gay bar last night, a patron came out and was giving him shit because of his nails. Called him a faggot, and like shoved his shoulder or something (I wasn't there.) So my fiance swung at him, and his straight friend jumped out of the car to back him up. As my fiance was explaining it to me this morning, I asked him, so was the 'dude' masculine? Yup...

BTW here he is...
[Image: 30285540136_22f1270cee_c.jpg]
jayy by keithm_home, on Flickr

It's just a style, a more feminine style for sure, but just a style that makes him feel glamourous.

artyboy was making a point about discrimination in our society, in general. Of course he wasn't saying that the treatment of the disabled, and transgendered were the same, just that they both face discrimination and abuse.

why corsacreborn is getting their panties in a bunch is beyond me

Well the reason this has become about transgender are the remarks people were making about the guy on the cover, I see not so much about the makeup but more about transgenders, particularly M to F...

[Image: covergirl.png]
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Yep, my bad... with all the back and forth, I forgot that's what you brought up.

I've only talked to a few transgendered about why they want to change. So far the answers seem to be that they don't feel they fit into the socially constructed norms for their gender. For instance, one FtM was telling me that they felt very masculine, and didn't feel like their body matched that feeling.

Now, I could care less really. I would caution anyone that wants to undergo radical surgery to understand everything about it before continuing.

As far as acceptance in society, well, let's just say as a bisexual Christian libertarian I don't often feel acceptance from the more 'liberal' parts of society. My opinions can easily get dismissed because of any one of those 3 identifiers.

I stopped having a problem with anyone else's choices when I accepted I will die someday......all our efforts to hate others amount to nothing once you are gone in what is very short time on earth.....your opinions and oppressions that some people make there mission in their life on earth are all forgotten once you are gone - the positive things you do will be remembered longer I believe though

Yeah, well I have been one of those people with the carts. Not at all long ago I was going through a siege of fatigue, probably due to some blood chemical thing. I would get to the store and, even with the cane, just not be ale to make it around. I would get my sack of goods and then leave the art at the door and hobble to the car. Working on the tiredness, but those carts saved me for a while.
I bid NO Trump!

Ok, first of all, and feel free to bitch at me if you will, but biological gender is in fact DNA-determined. There are no buts about it.

That has nothing to do with gender identity, though, as far as I can understand it. I'm not inside a transgender person's head, so I may oversimplify this, but one can be a biological male and psychologically identify oneself as the opposite gender and then want to look the part.

And then there's a third concept regarding male and female behavior which has some basic set component, also genetically determined and related mainly to hormonal regulation in one and the other (i.e. testosterone levels make the average male more aggressive than the average female), but by far this concept is socially constructed. "Man should be like this, women should act like that" etc.

In any case, my motto is TO EACH THEIR OWN.

Like the OP, I can't hope to understand what goes on a transgender person's mind but as far as I'm concerned they are as free to do whatever the hell makes them happy as anyone else.

If anything, one can at least agree in the positive impact such an event can have given that transgenders are a minority that have it even worse than us gays.

I also agree with the OP in that people are naturally cruel to one another, especially towards what is "different" or "outside the norm" but what makes religion so dangerous is that it provides a moral high ground in which these people can justify their cruelty.

The response I see in those comments are not unexpected. I find them, like anything else comming from religious nutjob-ery, making a storm out of a water glass. Nonsensic, fatalistic, ridiculous and ultimately brainless.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Ok, first of all, and feel free to bitch at me if you will, but biological gender is in fact DNA-determined. There are no buts about it.

That has nothing to do with gender identity, though, as far as I can understand it. I'm not inside a transgender person's head, so I may oversimplify this, but one can be a biological male and psychologically identify oneself as the opposite gender and then want to look the part.

And then there's a third concept regarding male and female behavior which has some basic set component, also genetically determined and related mainly to hormonal regulation in one and the other (i.e. testosterone levels make the average male more aggressive than the average female), but by far this concept is socially constructed. "Man should be like this, women should act like that" etc.

In any case, my motto is TO EACH THEIR OWN.

Like the OP, I can't hope to understand what goes on a transgender person's mind but as far as I'm concerned they are as free to do whatever the hell makes them happy as anyone else.

If anything, one can at least agree in the positive impact such an event can have given that transgenders are a minority that have it even worse than us gays.

I also agree with the OP in that people are naturally cruel to one another, especially towards what is "different" or "outside the norm" but what makes religion so dangerous is that it provides a moral high ground in which these people can justify their cruelty.

The response I see in those comments are not unexpected. I find them, like anything else comming from religious nutjob-ery, making a storm out of a water glass. Nonsensic, fatalistic, ridiculous and ultimately brainless.

Each to their own

I hate when people agree to disagree it's boring. Chicken

What I don't understand is how a person who identifies as gay in our world... can call another gay person a faggot in a serious manner, to insinuate their deviation from the social norms is somehow bad.

Liiiike...

Unless they are partaking in some form of machoism kink fetish. But isn't that what all our identities are?

hmmmm

larafan25 Wrote:I hate when people agree to disagree it's boring. Chicken

What I don't understand is how a person who identifies as gay in our world... can call another gay person a faggot in a serious manner, to insinuate their deviation from the social norms is somehow bad.

Liiiike...

Unless they are partaking in some form of machoism kink fetish. But isn't that what all our identities are?

hmmmm

what they called them a meat product lol?