Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covergirl
Ok I'm not a fan of nose rings or the crazy eyebrows and while I don't understand transgender issues, I'm not bothered by it. However, some people on my Facebook feed seem to have a problem.

[Image: covergirl.png]

Oh and I will point out that DNA doesn't determine your biological sex, that's a chromosome...which frankly doesn't change how someone feels as a person...sooo yep. I mean I'm fine with people having conservative values, I have a few things I would be deemed conservative about but on social issues I'm definitely liberal. These are people who claim to be Christian and apparently holier than thou...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I used to have problems with it. But I just realised it doesn't matter, if it makes that person happy and doesn't effect anyone else what's it got to do with other people.

Well that's the thing. At first I was a bit irked by it years ago, but I work with someone who's transgender and I dated another who was transgender. The thing is I don't have to understand it, I don't need to care. It's not my body, I'm not taking hormone therapy. It's for them to decide. I just don't understand the hate behind it all.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

people are used to seeing images of de facto models being posted on media .. it's not a surprise that they attack with hate stemming from disappointed expectation ..

Well that's not all of it. People around here say it is an abomination, burn in hell...fire and brimstone to the gays and the cross dressing...blah blah blah. As much as it is a statement about gender equality and LGBTQ rights it also drives the other side further away.

I mean yeah I think he would be cuter without the nose rings or the huge eyebrows, and overall not really my taste... I don't think I could ever deal with guys who wear make up.
Check out my stuff!

Hmmm humans are strange creatures. Some people have the sane hatred towards disabled people etc.

I read that article on yahoo yesterday and the comments were full of hate towards this boy.
Its kinda crazy, people were going off basically saying American is going to hell and were all doomed... over this boy and makeup...

I personally dislike the makeup he is crazy cute with ought it, he had a pic of just him smiling with a (co worker?) anyway yea people are crazy.

artyboy Wrote:Hmmm humans are strange creatures. Some people have the sane hatred towards disabled people etc.

That's true.

My mother is disabled.... Although I wasn't with her (and might be for the best because I probably would have lost my temper in a BAD way) but she's been out shopping and had people make nasty comments about her having to use a cane or a wheelchair.... Really pisses me off, they don't know she has RA, or has had heart surgery, or that she has not one but three fucking brain tumors and people have the fucking audacity to have a problem with her using a goddamn wheel chair? Even more enraging when I see people get into these motorized carts and ride around the store and then get up and walk to their car...I've seen that crap. We really have some disgusting motherfuckers in the country... I mean I would assume it is much the same everywhere else and worse... I try to not think on this stuff, there's plenty about this world to be pissed about but when crap like this shows up on my facebook page I just can't do it anymore. People who CLAIM to be friends, know that I'm gay, post such bigoted crap and if you ask me that's probably how they feel about gays but don't have the balls to say it.
Check out my stuff!

SilverBullet Wrote:I read that article on yahoo yesterday and the comments were full of hate towards this boy.
Its kinda crazy, people were going off basically saying American is going to hell and were all doomed... over this boy and makeup...

I personally dislike the makeup he is crazy cute with ought it, he had a pic of just him smiling with a (co worker?) anyway yea people are crazy.

America is going to hell because we have people who are more worried about what one does with their body while they guzzle down McDonald's and strain the healthcare system.

I do agree about the makeup though, not needed. However, I feel for people like him it is more of an art thing I suppose... Haha I kind of wonder what I would look like all snazzed up lol
Check out my stuff!

Humans are scared of things they don't understand.