Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crafts
Curious as to what crafts anyone out there practices.

As for myself, I've been knitting for ten or so years, and I love it. I especially love making socks and fingerless gloves. I'm pretty amateur at sewing, but have my own machine and have made myself a few pairs of boxers and whatnot. I've also engaged in a number of Native American crafts such as loom beadwork, attempted quill-work, and constructing a warbonnet.

-although I mostly want to talk about fiber crafts, knitting more specifically, I love it. I've been doing a lot of twining lately, it's useful in cold climates to keep the wind from cutting through.

I have a degree in teaching kids to work with metal and wood. Spent the last 3 summers running a woodshop at an american summer camp. I don't have the facilities or tools at home to do anything, but I do love to make tables in particular.

That sounds like a fun degree to earn. I've messed around with wood working and carpentry a bit. Helped my parents pretty much rebuild our entire house, and most fun woodwoorking was a kayak kit I built for Boy Scouts, it turned out to be a sexy chunk of mahogany plywood that cuts through the water.... too bad I'm too damn tall for it now :frown:

I'm a big fan of anything creative.:biggrin:
I'm also terrible at anything creative.:redface:

I haven't tried my hand at much when it comes to creative things(I know these aren't crafts, but meh):
Drawing, both by hand and on computer(No tablet)
Composing Music with music composition software on Computer.(Program: LMMS)
A game Guide for Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.
Making Youtube videos.(Not brave enough to do one's with me in them.... or upload anything that people might not like.)
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Kayak kit? Like were you provided with the stuff to make it, or was it something you completely did from scratch? Either way impressive, I love working with mahogany. Must be a pain not being able to use it anymore >,< I know a guy who made one as his final year project in Uni. Needless to say he got an A.

Outside of gaming...? Afterall some of us don't have the appropriate creative understanding to be able to navigate certain game types....

KJ1989 Wrote:Kayak kit? Like were you provided with the stuff to make it, or was it something you completely did from scratch? Either way impressive, I love working with mahogany. Must be a pain not being able to use it anymore >,< I know a guy who made one as his final year project in Uni. Needless to say he got an A.

Yeah, I was given the wood, epoxy, fiberglass sheeting and instructions, I just did all the work. I would love to build one from scratch someday, but as of now, I'm not exactly crafty enough with wood. As mentioned above, my domain is fibers, or actually knitting, I like to say fibers, but knitting is the only thing I would consider myself to have mastered.

I went through a phase of trying to learn to crochet....didn't get far >,< I still have everything in my room ha

I'm good with my hands, used to work construction in the old days, but the only place I've ever been Creative is in the kitchen.
Richard

Yeah I love cooking too, baking a little more so though. I've always baked pretty tasty pies and cookies and have recently started baking my own bread, which is great!