Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crafts
KJ1989 Wrote:I went through a phase of trying to learn to crochet....didn't get far >,< I still have everything in my room ha

It took me a few tries to learn crocheting, but then when I learned it I just stopped, I have a lot more fun knitting, I felt like with crocheting I always had to guess where to put the hook, meanwhile knitting, all the stitches are lined up there for you on a stick.

I',m the total opposite I can't bake without a recipe. I can cook anything though.
Richard

Cooking is an art, so respect lol I can cook a small number of things really well. Aside from that, I can cook for myself to my satisfaction which is good enough.

I can take ashes and make lye, then take rendered fat and make real soap.

I mostly do wood working as a 'craft'. However I used to do leather work - bags, belts, chaps (no not the type you find at leather bars, chaps for like cowboys, farm workers who deal with life stock).

That's cool, I've always been interested in soap. I've made a few leather items myself, it's pretty fun, similar to working with cloth but somehow more satisfying...

In my ealry and mid 20's I was a rod crafter and would make rods to customer specification, which at times involved some very intricate thread work, any thing from a name to a countries flag, I made several with a Japanese flag when I was living over there.

And as clarification, I'm talking fishing rods, not at easy as you think to get it right.

I was curious when you first said rod, though now that I realize you meant fishing rods, yes I understand, that has to be a weighty craft.

Frustrating. At times you are working with thread that is finer than cotton and sometimes with enough tension to cut your finger tips, worse than paper cuts.