Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash Bandicoot
[Image: an-crash_bandicoot-party.jpg]

Crash Bandicoot was Sony's mascot for a little while. He was a pretty radical guy and I believe he had some potential.

[Image: crash_bandicoot_31.jpg]

He's barely remembered. However, I remember him extremely well. I played a demo of Crash Bandicoot for the PSX back in the late 1990's and I liked it. Sadly, I never bought the game.

[Image: crash1.jpg]

I have a story to share about Crash Bandicoot at Universal Studios. One of my friend's brother was given a hard time by him. You know what I have to say about that....

[Image: simpsons_nelson_haha2uwr.jpg]

I say haha to his brother. Plus I also say haha at Crash's demise. Oh well!

[Image: Crash_Bandicoot_Crash_Bandicoot-s250x304-24499-580.jpg]

Anyway... Crash Bandicoot was a great video game character that should have lasted longer. It's a pity that he didn't become as famous as Sonic or Mario. Does anyone here remember him?

Oh yes. I do.Confusedmile:
I saw one of my old friends playing the original once. It didn't really get my interest.:redface:

His games have been of questionable quality of late i've heard.
And to be honest, i always found Crash as a character anoying(Although i haven't seen much of him)

So. To hear of his demise, only one thing comes to mind.
GOOD RIDANCE, but perhaps my views are unfounded.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Crash Bandicoot will go down in the video game history books, despite his fail. I had real high hopes for him back when he was introduced. Now I'm like... what was I thinking?!

Cutieboy Wrote:Crash Bandicoot will go down in the video game history books, despite his fail. I had real high hopes for him back when he was introduced. Now I'm like... what was I thinking?!
Agreed in a "the first game was ok,and i DEFFINATLY could of seen it going somewhere if the game series improved a little." Kinda way.:tongue:
What IS Sony's mascot now anyway? They never really had a PROPER mascot did they?:confused:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Crash Bandicoot was the closest to a proper mascot that Sony ever had. He had a guy in a costume. So I would say that constitutes as proper.

Crash Bandicoot! where did you go? what happened to you dog...

if you were a kid in the mid to late 90s like my old-ass self, you'll probably remember Crash Bandicoot... Take a little Mario principle in a 3D environment, a heap of animal cuteness, some platforms, and a lot of wacky animation and surprising playability - you have Crash Bandicoot.

Like Cutie says, he was Sony's attempt at having a flagship mascot after the initial Playstation 1 console release, and he shifted a lot of units for the younger market.

Games just progressed and evolved without him - they got more serious, violent and involved; gamers wanted to be treated with respect as adults now. We all grew up. We didn't want to collect fruit and jump on small animals anymore.

Grand Theft Auto killed Crash Bandicoot- it made us realise what awful potential we enjoyed in games regarding realism, and what could be done in terms of freedom and free-roaming. He'll always be there in my heart, like that old plushy I threw out years ago; he had a good run.

hats off, Crash...