Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crime strikes yet again
Hi All
Sorry posing's been a bit thin lately, still haven't sorted out my tablet (on the cards for this coming weekend) and works busy

Yip, we had a serious incident at the farm

My neighbor was car-jacked at the bottom farm gate at gun-point. @ 14:00 on Saturday.
Put him in the car drove off, took his auto-teller cards, threatened top tie him up to a tree in the bush, and come back and kill him if the pins where wrong, took his laptop, I pod and all his money everything.

At some stage he got lucky, they threw him out the car.

The car, A BM Cabriolet was found the next day totally wrecked in the bush, they had gone through a T junction into the bush up a incline and into a small ravine, the car is a complete wreck.

This is what South Africa has become. A lawless police'less 4th world country, just like Zimbabwe, and the rest..... Stay away....:mad:

I post this because the world need to know....

I'm sorry to read that! Is this a very common situation in South Africa?

Wow that's awful

Aww sorry to hear that, that is terrible Sad

HOw awful.....Sorry that this happened to him, but glad he is ok.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hi All
Unfortunately, yes this is what we deal with on a daily basis... Smash & grab perps don't even run away they nonchalantly saunter off through the traffic as if nothing has happened, Johannesburg where the Illegal foreign immigrants have taken over CBD <Central business district> Hillbrow / Youville / Kengsington are absolute no-go areas,

The police are corrupt. Dockets can be bought for about 15 USD once the docket is gone, there is very little you can do.

Getting assistance is non-existent. Another person I know who was robbed and beaten up with a truncheon was told "why are you making a complaint? It's not so bad you didn't get stabbed or anything like that" <The assailant lived nearby, was drunk / high, came knocking from door to door asking for money, when he did not get lucky he simply beat the guy up...>

Not nice....

I blame brainless macho men for this kind of crap personally. There're so many stupid people out there who do things like this and totally fuck the world in the process. I don't even think they do it for survival sometimes. I think half the time its a question of greed and a desire to prove their 'masculinity' - when in fact they're just pathetic little people. I've met lots of people like this in my time though admittedly I've never had any draw a weapon on me (but I reckon that day may come sadly).

I do agree a lack of proper effective policing does contribute to these problems. Controls, especially border controls, should be firm and robust to prevent gangs and trafficking (of drugs and people), from proliferating. Unfortunately in our world today, it is hard to enforce these controls even in autocratic states but in liberal democracies (which can be too liberal) it's impossible. As a result, gangs can, and do, get away with murder across the globe.