Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crush to Crush
The only time I didn't have a crush was when I was with my ex and that is mostly because I didn't talk to many people, but even then I had small crushing feelings here and there. So I am wondering, in life are we just supposed to move from one crush to the next in a never ending cycle? If so I think I am going to... I don't even know lol.

I can most assuredly say that has NOT been my experience in life.

I can count on one hand the amount of crushes I've experienced....many, many years apart.

Yeah I have to say when I have a crush, it usually sticks with me for a long long time rather then to just constantly fall for guy after guy. That sounds exhausting to be honest. And Latebloomer is right, I can count on 1 hand the amount of crushes I've had and still have a finger or two left over.

For me a crush is when my downstairs brain won't let me forget a guy while my upstairs brain is telling me to run for the hills.

No that is not what is supposed to happen. But it does.

A lot of people mistake love for something that it is not. They are expecting fireworks and electric sparks and for these to last forever.

This is largely due to the myth we pass of as a truth 'And they lived happily ever after'. We promote the myth and lift love up to be something far more than it can be, so many people mistake love for other things, and other things for anything but love.

Hot passionate love is at best fleeting, it is replaced with other forms of love, love that should have endurance and see the couple through many sorts of things - affectionate but not all having to be on top of one another 24/7. And that is affectionate to a point.

Is it because there're certain needs of you that haven't been met? I was inclined to have a crush on guys in their 20s back when I was a teen, but a lot less now I'm a grown man myself.

I don't think there are any hard afast rules to crushes. They are something that most people experience in out teens and as we get older we experience them less and less, some of us never after we are teenagers.

It stands to reason that the fact that crushes exist, then some people will continue to experience them. Having crushes at least show you have feelings Wink

sneakyc25 Wrote:The only time I didn't have a crush was when I was with my ex and that is mostly because I didn't talk to many people, but even then I had small crushing feelings here and there. So I am wondering, in life are we just supposed to move from one crush to the next in a never ending cycle? If so I think I am going to... I don't even know lol.

Its difficult for me to get a crush on someone. I do get sexually charged seeing hoy guys around, but never had any crush on anyone to be honest; surprisingly. I have been into love twice, one was my BF , and the second was a short fling with this guy i knew for a few days. Hence, I do get turned on watching guys,but i dont think you call that a crush.

Had a crush once on a very close friend of mine. Couldn't stop thinking about it but I know that there was no point as a Straight man will never feel the same. In my young teens and childhood I had a crush on a beautiful Finnish girl, It confuses me a lot when I see her I still feel what I used when I was younger.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

ZET, it must be everythng except sexual..Ialso get ths fascination 4 girls but that is basically asexual. hence no point.

I had way too many crushes in high school. My school had quite a few good lookers here in Cali. But yeah I never did anything really since it was just high school.