Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuddle with friends?
Do you or would you? Why or why not?

I recently got out of a relationship and I have been hanging out with my gay friends for support and I want to cuddle really bad, but I don't want to get attached, make a friendship awkward, or start another relationship.

What do ya'll think? Is it something you save for a boyfriend/girlfriend/partner?

To me, cuddling is another form of physical intimacy and that's not something I share with my friends.

That's just me.

I've cuddled with a number of my friends before, I guess normally not guy friends, mostly girls, and generally they were in relationships but it was simply cuddling nothing more, so there was no big deal with their bfs, and sometimes their bfs were there too. But I mean really solid friends and just like curling up on a couch together to watch a movie and lie your head on someone else, or spoon.

sneakyc25 Wrote:I recently got out of a relationship and I have been hanging out with my gay friends for support and I want to cuddle really bad
ending a relationship it is really important to get to a point you can think for your self again. if you need to do this; how you do this is not all that important. be a good person and be up front what your emotional needs are. if they are limited.
you might damage a friendship.

I hate cuddling.... I don´t like to be touched

BUT

If I see that it is important for a friend... it is Ok for me. Like I wrote before I have a straight friend who was a very long time single... and he slept many times with his head on my breast to hear my heart beat and not feeling alone. That maybe power-cuddling... but when it is so easy to be a friend ... why not.

fenris Wrote:I hate cuddling.... I don´t like to be touched

BUT

If I see that it is important for a friend... it is Ok for me. Like I wrote before I have a straight friend who was a very long time single... and he slept many times with his head on my breast to hear my heart beat and not feeling alone. That maybe power-cuddling... but when it is so easy to be a friend ... why not.

How sweet of a sacrifice, that's some true friendship there. Major props to you fenris!Clap

I cuddle with friends because it's comforting and it's a form of affection. I do not think of cuddling as a form of sex. I do not want to have sex with everyone I cuddle with. (And when I was much younger I used to have sex with people I had no interest in cuddling with.)

I'm a woman, however, so different social rules and expectations apply to me than to men.

I see nothing wrong with friendship cuddles .
It's comforting and many times a hug can say more than words.

I have many friends that I went to high school with, one or two even earlier.
We have shared so very much of our lives with each other , and needless to say we have grown very close.
But we have not just shared the good times , we have shared the bad , the sad and the heart wrenching moments as well.

There is nothing more comforting.

I agree with Rainbowmum, I see nothing wrong with cuddling. Cuddling does not have to be sexual and has helped me feel comforted in times of need. Cuddle away sneakyc!

I have only cuddled ever with one man and I know that is special to him and he likes that because I am a bit wild (or at least I used to be).....so he is the only person I will ever cuddle with or ever wanted to cuddle with.

I would definitely not cuddle with a friend but I don't see anything wrong with anyone else doing it...everyone is different.