Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cues in the Gay Dating World
I don't have many friends that have any insight on gay dating and relationships. So, this is my question for you all...

I just starting working with a guy a few weeks ago. We instantly gravitated towards each other. We've hung out in group settings and alone a few times since then. Usually we hang out at my place and just talk about everything -- religion, family life, sex, etc. About a week ago, he stayed over at my place. We spooned a little -- kissed a little. The last time we had movie night at my place with another friend. At one point, he laid his head on the pillow that was on my lap.

We also talk on the phone. It's infrequent, but when we do, it's for hours at a time. He called to check in on me the other night when I was making a solo road trip.

With all this said, it seems to be a hot and cold thing -- especially at work. He obviously flirts with me. Others have even asked me what was going on between the two of us. I think we are both guarded at work. I think we are both nervous about putting ourselves out there. I know that I am worried about jumping too soon and ruining any chances for the future.

Am I reading too much into everything? Does this sound like someone who just wants to be friends? Or is there obvious interest there?

I don't spoon and kiss with my friends. It's kind of obvious.

I agree, I don't spoon or kiss my friends (unless I'm drunk, then it's a maybe.) so I don't think you're thinking too much into this.

Have you tried talking to him about this? I'm sure you've been asked this before, but I think it's the best way to figure out where he's at.

Why do people insist on dating co-workers?

Uneunsae Wrote:I don't spoon and kiss with my friends. It's kind of obvious.

Yup, I have to agree with this. The behavior goes beyond friendship.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Dude............

You need to send you overly analytical brain back to the factory and get it's clue receptors tuned up. I've been ape-shit for a guy for 6 years and if he threw me clues like that --even after all this time -- I'd have ripped his clothes off and fucked him until the cows came home and all he owns is a bunch of fish!

memechose Wrote:Dude............

You need to send you overly analytical brain back to the factory and get it's clue receptors tuned up. I've been ape-shit for a guy for 6 years and if he threw me clues like that --even after all this time -- I'd have ripped his clothes off and fucked him until the cows came home and all he owns is a bunch of fish!

Oh come on, will you just chill a little. They haven't even made out and you're scripting a sex scene??

OP, DO NOT listen to this guy, his hormones are in overdrive and this IS NOT good advice. Take it slowly, talk to him, show your interest. Maybe ask him out. A date. No, memeNose, A DATE, not a rape scene...

Meme chose never fails to crack me up.
But seriously, to me it's fairly obvious this is more than friendship

ExpatBrit77 Wrote:Meme chose never fails to crack me up.
But seriously, to me it's fairly obvious this is more than friendship

I don't know why I cracked you up... I was a serious as a truckload of body parts.

be glad I took out all the foul language and graphic metaphors that came to mind when I read the OP.... Just reading it got me boned up thinking about what I'd do in that situation. When my guy cuddles up like that when we're watching a movie it means he wants to spoon with my stuff up his butt until the movie's over and I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue for some of that....

fourteen days to go and I'm getting rid of 3 liters of genetic matertial I've been saving since May.

Since May?????? Haven't you guys heard of Skype fucking? Wink