Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Culture in the time of quarentine
With many in the UK stilll under lockdown and television almost the only visual means of enjoying culture, The  Roya Opera House sent me an e-mail announcing a performance of "Romeo & Juliet" (the ballet).  Almost hidden away in th e-mail was this from Instagram:

With no access to the rehearsal rooms, the artists of the ROH have been forced to improvise and use any space available, in this case, the  artist's garden.  I thought that some here who are interested in the arts, would enjoy seeing this beautiful solo performance. I only lasts three minutes.  I sent it to a friend of mine in Greece and it made her cry!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 3 members Like LONDONER's post:
  • , andy, LJay

(07-11-2020, 04:31 PM)LONDONER Wrote:
With many in the UK stilll under lockdown and television almost the only visual means of enjoying culture, The  Roya Opera House sent me an e-mail announcing a performance of "Romeo & Juliet" (the ballet).  Almost hidden away in th e-mail was this from Instagram:

With no access to the rehearsal rooms, the artists of the ROH have been forced to improvise and use any space available, in this case, the  artist's garden.  I thought that some here who are interested in the arts, would enjoy seeing this beautiful solo performance. I only lasts three minutes.  I sent it to a friend of mine in Greece and it made her cry!
Some wonderful moments indeed!  You are generous to share this, Londoner.  Was there any mention of the provenance of the piano piece?  I presume that it was not improvised when the dance was filmed.
I bid NO Trump!

(07-12-2020, 04:37 AM)LJay Wrote: ... Was there any mention of the provenance of the piano piece?  I presume that it was not improvised when the dance was filmed.

Bach Concerto in D minor played by Vladimir Ashkenazy?

I thought I knew what it was, but Soundhound confirmed my guess and located the performer.

(07-12-2020, 04:37 AM)LJay Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 04:31 PM)LONDONER Wrote:
With many in the UK stilll under lockdown and television almost the only visual means of enjoying culture, The  Roya Opera House sent me an e-mail announcing a performance of "Romeo & Juliet" (the ballet).  Almost hidden away in the e-mail was this from Instagram:

Some wonderful moments indeed!  You are generous to share this, Londoner.  Was there any mention of the provenance of the piano piece?  I presume that it was not improvised when the dance was filmed.

In the original Instagram post, two commens were made:

https://www.instagram.com/royaloperahouse/
Performance by The Royal Ballet’s Giacomo Rovero and Joshua Junker ?

A beautiful piece of dance performed by Artist of The Royal Ballet https://www.instagram.com/giacomorovero/ @giacomorovero and choreographed by Artist of The Royal Ballet https://www.instagram.com/joshjjj/ @joshjjj
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams