Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cureable?
I know there are lots of gay people like me and i really don't want to hurt anyone. But. Somebody said that maybe i should have sex with a woman. And i am okay with being gay but being straight would be much more better you know. About everything. Its.. i am really really tired and i don't want to talk much. Its just.. tell me if its possible please. I am willing to do.. anything.. just.. fix it.

Hi, being gay is not a disease, therefore it is not curable. I think you must be going through something difficult right now, so perhaps it's a good idea to find someone to talk to. Being gay is perfectly natural, science also agrees with this point. The pressures you feel that are obviously making you feel ashamed are social, rather than natural ones. I'm sorry that you're going through this, but accepting yourself for who you are is probably the best way.

Remember, you don't have to actually actively have a gay relationship. Being alone is an option, but you shouldn't lie to a woman, and cause her harm because you can't accept yourself. Why not just be alone until you can accept who you are? I think you need to try to be honest with yourself about why you don't want to be gay, and find someone that you can talk to. Best of luck, I hope things improve.

If a straight person told you that, then the simple fix is to tell them to sleep with someone of the same gender, after all they can't really have an opinion on homosexuality if they have never tried it at least once.

If that sounds absurd, its because it is - as absurd as you trying sex with a woman 'just in case' you are wrong.

I used to think that being gay was a problem. Heck, most LGBT people at some time or other have probably yearned for the "normal" life.

But the truth is, being truthful about who you are will make yourself happier in the long run.

In my time I've met a few people claiming to be "ex-gay" who have fond some form of cure, or aversion therapy, and to just look at them you can just tell they are miserable inside, even if they don't "feel" anything but content.

Be yourself. You'll thank yourself for it in the long run Smile

Of course being straight is an easier life. But when you're born gay, you'd never be truly happy pretending to live a straight life. For your own happiness, you need to accept what you are and live the life that will make you happy.

if you want to really make a gay man's life complex get trapped in a straight relationship

You are Gay ... not sick ... be proud about what you are and don´t listen to some straight-ignorant people... It is our right to be as gay as we want.... so be it with all the love you can give

If you don't want to hurt anyone, then don't deceive a woman into thinking you're straight.

Well, lets look at having a "straight" life versus a "gay" life.

Gay Life---
Youre born. Grow up. Go to school. Have adolescent problems. Go to college (or not). Find work. Pay bills. Pay taxes. Have friends. Have relationships that work and dont work. Get hurt feelings. Possibly have a long term relationship. Maybe break up. Have lifes ups and downs. Then you die.

Straight Life--
Youre born. Grow up. Go to school. Have adolescent problems. Go to college (or not). Find work. Pay bills. Pay taxes. Have friends. Have relationships that work and dont work. Get hurt feelings. Possibly have a long term relationship. Maybe break up. Have lifes ups and downs. Then you die.

Geez, I dont see where a "straight" life is any better.

definatly not curable - stay away from conversion camps they can really mess you up.

If you want to have the experience, sure sleep with a girl but it won't make you straight.

Just look at all the older gay people on here and elsewhere that where married with kids in a straight relationship before they realized that they were gay.

They didn't wake up one day and decide they were gay - they had always been gay they just didn't know it or didn't want to admit it to themselves.