Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Projects?
yousir Wrote:What is the book about?

It is an older children's book about 2 brothers getting sent back in time during the Revolutionary War -- Patent Pending, lol. I'm trying to make it fun and adventurous but on the historically accurate side so I am brushing up on my research. I'm having a hard time finding time, though.

It looks like there are quite a few people here writing books.

Over the weekend I made some progress on the design for a screen room I want to build next to my existing deck and patio. I wish I had found this program before I went for the permits!

[Image: picture.php?albumid=1113&pictureid=7311]

Albie Wrote:It is an older children's book about 2 brothers getting sent back in time during the Revolutionary War -- Patent Pending, lol. I'm trying to make it fun and adventurous but on the historically accurate side so I am brushing up on my research. I'm having a hard time finding time, though.

It looks like there are quite a few people here writing books.

Good luck with it Smile

With typical life it can be hard to throw yourself into creative pursuits.

Wbat made you choose time travel as a premise?

Elijoan Wrote:Would you tell us more about this? Most people seem to do one or the other.

Education, sciences...

yousir Wrote:Good luck with it Smile

With typical life it can be hard to throw yourself into creative pursuits.

Wbat made you choose time travel as a premise?

I've always enjoyed history. It is easier to research than physically travelling somewhere in current times. I wanted to make a book with build up and excitement. I was inspired by His Dark Materials trilogy, that it is for younger crowd without dumbing down things; which I see in a lot of books made for young folks.

I chose time travel because I can use the setting to tell the story that I want to tell. If I ever want to continue, I can do so easily with that premise. And since time machines don't really exist, I do not have to do much scientific research (only historical research).

VirgoMasquerade Wrote:What are some projects you are working on at the moment? For me i've started making mask's. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forums sub

Care to share any pics of some masks in progress? My own personal project with six year old sister: a miniature cat school made from wood. Also an apparel business in research stage..