Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DADT ends today! any thoughts
yes DADT ends today

recall it was introduced in 1993 by President Bill Clinton. Clinton, had moral issues himself but i would have appreciated it if they kept it between husband and wife. his presidency was not all bad, when he left office the country fell into war and recession the like we are still trying to climb out of.

anyone have personal experience what is going on in the services today?

Large measures were taken to make sure that this was a normal work day just like any other. A total of 34 people, including myself, were going to get together near the end of the day in order to observe this milestone and act as a small support group for each other.

Leadership saw my name on the roster for the event and I got put on roving guard so that I couldn't go. But I'm finally out and nobody's made a huge deal other than the expected jokes every now and then. It's like a huge weight got taken off of me! A great day for the armed services in general and myself in particular Smile

Great to hear it!
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Hi Anosai, I'm so glad everything went well for you, I bet you feel relieved it's all over now. I wish you the very best for the future...

i am just so happy about this CRAP ending. It just goes to show that people do care about us gays and that the number of them has grown enough to make this happen.

As a Veteran myself I feel sad...and happy...

I feel sad for all of the gay men and lesbian women who lost their lives serving this country who never got the simple thing that everyone deserves in their position...respect for who they are and what they sacrificed. It has always affected me deeply so the sadness is nothing new...

...but I am also happy for the men and women who serve now and who will serve in the future....