Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DADT repeal passes the house
Do not wish to bust every ones bubble .... however Unless the Uniform code of Military Justice ( UCMJ) is changed the persecution will not end

Isn't the UCMJ over-ridden by Lawrence v. Texas?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

not that i have heard the UCMJ is strictly for the military and really has little to do with civilian laws

I was happy to hear about this but to be honest i didnt even know it was going on litterly

Lawrence v. Texas is Constitutional Law.
Fred

As I am retired U.S. military I can tell you that the UCMJ has NOTHING to do with the constitution.

When in the US military you live IN a dictatorship to protect democracy . this is a fact that some are trying to change.

I wish them the best

Good man Obama!

as far as constitutional law vs military i understand there's a misunderstanding but while "in the military" you live in a dictatorship the constitutional rewrite that is lawrence vs texas is a law that must be followed, because it is part of the constitution now if it was broken by the military (without DADT) the military could justly face a lawsuit every time it persecuted a gay under ucmj.

As much as the military wishes it was above the law, it isn't, and it must still abide to constitutional rights.

Now it is time to cheer the ucmj has been changed by the commander and chief

good job obama

I thought only Congress could change the UCMJ? Although the President as Commander-in-Chief could exercise discretion in the enforcement of its various parts?
Fred