Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallas anyone?
i'm looking for some real life experience/avice. Some time in the future, i'm thinking about moving to dallas texas since it will probaly come closest to being the perfecct city for me( gun laws seem are laxed, a gay friendly church, and the freedom to do some "exploration",at least from the research i've done) and i was wondering if anybody can confrim this?

why cant you want to move to florida lol we could talk all day then

well if i new that my dad wouldn't be anywhere near florida i would probaly consider itRolleyes, besides i'm not exactley a beach person.

I'm much more familiar with Houston and rural East Texas (and a few small cities like Tyler) but I've been to Dallas. My impression is that Houston would be better than Dallas (if you're gonna live in Texas anyway) as they have a gay area in the Westheimer-Montrose area (I believe it's called "near town"). It used to be violent (and at least in the 90s attracted runaways, me being one of them back in 98) but I hear it's much more peaceful now. Much to my surprise Houston even elected an openly lesbian mayor (though a conservative, just to be clear) a few years ago.

And as a warning I've heard that the cops in the Dallas area can give gun owners a hard time. The Texas ACLU (which protects the 2A along with the 1A) has had problems with them in the past. Again, I think Houston is better. Also, the Dallas police seem much more concerned about sexual vices than Houston (I haven't heard of Dallas singling out gays but I'd be cautious).

In either case, I'd suggest joining the Pink Pistols for support and knowing what to expect. Both Houston and Dallas have a chapter.

ETA: Houston does seem to have more problems with flooding than Dallas so if you do move to Houston try to get a place on higher ground!

Not sure if I would agree with you guys. From my Texas experience, I dislike this place.

Dallas isn't a bad place at all. There are gay friendly area's of Dallas. Never heard of dallas cop's singling out gays at all. I lived in Dallas from 2000 to 2006 and happy with the time I sent there. I still have a lot of family and friends that lives there but it wasn't for me. My only advice would be to stay away from South Dallas(Oak Cliff area). Other than that not a bad city at all to live in or to visit.