Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dance dance dance
I tried to get into Front 242 a few years ago. And I failed. My brain has very limited reserves of love for old school EBM :<

How about some more Grace Jones?

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Old school house. The first two songs are basically the same song with different vocal samples. A late 80's Chicago sound in most of these tracks that kind of defined the sound of after hours clubs in the late 80's and 90's. The Paris Gray song, lead singer of the band Inner City, is an outstanding early house vocal track.

Iceblink Wrote:A vocal trance classic.

I love this one the most (I listened to all of them yesterday and I liked all of them but this was my favorite)...I am pretty sure I heard it before....

OK...gonna show my age...back to the mid to late 70s......

I definitely liked stuff with a heavy R&B Influence at the time....I did the DJ thing sometimes and this is the stuff I played...I could mix in and out of it really well...had my BPMs down LOL

THE MIRACLES

PATTI LABELLE

LTD

T CONNECTION

TEENA MARIE

THE ORIGINALS

BROTHERS JOHNSON

CHAKA KHAN

WAR

DIANA ROSS...my favorite...this song used to pack the dance floor at every club and I swear the walls would start to shake when everyone was screaming...it was bizarre...and kinda cool... to watch....everyone was real sweaty...lots of poppers...hardly anyone wore a shirt LOL...her signature scream you can hear at 3:58...it would make everyone go crazy

Other random 70s stuff I liked

PATTI BROOKS

...and here she is in 2006 with an updated version at a Gay Pride Party in SoCal...I love it

LINDA CIFFORD

..and here Linda is at San Francisco Pride in 2007 performing it again...

SPACE

WATSON BEASLEY

DR BUZZARDS ORIGINAL SAVANNAH BAND

FERN KINNEY

PETER JACQUES BAND

GINO SOCCIO

I don't think I'm able to share videos until I have 50 post .. Ugh I'm a dancer, feels great to know not the only one interested in the arts of physical movement! I'm mostly I to contemporary and jazz. I'll share some videos when I reach 50 posts ugh.

Dancer Wrote:I don't think I'm able to share videos until I have 50 post .. Ugh I'm a dancer, feels great to know not the only one interested in the arts of physical movement! I'm mostly I to contemporary and jazz. I'll share some videos when I reach 50 posts ugh.

Yeah...you have to have 50 posts...but you are pretty close now! It'll happen soon if you keep postingXyxthumbs

This thread is oh so retro! Lemme try to go into my old school mode.

And some very dancable artists from the 00's who don't seem to have realized that the 80's is over:

The massive Hercules & Love Affair dance floor hit from 2008. Antony Hegarty's vocals are astounding and it was remixed by the great Frankie Knuckles.

Their new song released a couple months ago and its homoerotic video.