Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
part 01
Here it goes:
Yesterday I was watching whitecollar, american tv series. Matt Bomer played Neal Caffery in it[ps: he is hot]. One of my roommates watched it a long time ago and loved Matt Bomer very much. When i told him that Matt Bomer is gay, He said, "Oh no, I do not like him any more." Suddenly I felt so unhappy and I asked him, "Before I told you this and after i told you this, is he the same guy? " He said, "No, I thought he was masculine."

What the Hell! Stupid Human![I bet god said that to him!] Why people hate gay?

I asked in some chatting room, and someone said: "I just do not want sh*t on my pen*s." which is kinda insulting. And some said: "ignore them." I believe gay guys exist for a reason. Some people said, "If god hates us, why are we so cute?"
I wanted to shouted at him[my stupid roommate], "Without people like you, I could have come out of closet millions of years ago." But I could not. Gay guys in China are so poor. WE have to hide ourselves. Most people hold the ancient opinion that gay is abnormal. We can not live surrounded by countless unkind eye sights.
I love you guys here in gayspeak. I feel comfortable here.

Sadly these notions are global, existing in even Canada, the mythical land of Tolerance and Acceptance (Near the north pole where Santa lives).

LGBT have struggled with the ignorant, the self deluded, the hatred for a very long time, and I fear that its still a long road a head of us before there is anything approaching total acceptance.

Yes even in those places where gay marriage is passing, places where it appears (on the surface) that equality has arrived... there are still those old hatreds which are voiced and even acted upon.

Will: That kind of ignorance is really depressing. I'm sorry that you have to deal with it on such a large scale. Even here in the US --- things are getting much better, but there's still a lot of prejudice. I'm glad that you found GS, at least you can be yourself here.

Keith
Straight people do not use reasoning when they think and talk of gay people. They say stupid things.

We ALL have to deal with their stupidity. It is best to laugh at them and move on.

Straight guys are brought up from birth being taught they need to be strong. Be brave. Don't show emotion. Be aggressive. Get married. Get laid. Have children. When you have sex, be dominant and on top.

... the thing is... straight men are VERY insecure, scared, a bit ignorant, and fumbling through life trying to figure out how to do all this on their own. It's why they want to marry virgins whom have no other men to compare to so the women don't know how good or bad they are in bed or if their penises are big or small.

When gay guys come along, straight guys get scared because they suddenly go from being the predator to being the prey. They know the gay guys know their bodies probably better than they do. They fear submitting to another guy. It goes against everything they've been brought up to believe about themselves. It could shatter their whole self image of how big their manhood is, how well they perform in bed, how long they can last, the possible pain of submitting to another male and being penetrated - putting THEM in the "female" role. GASP!!! "Danger! Danger!" Alarms ring in their heads.

Their entire self image of whatever game they think they have, and however far up the macho food chain they think they are could be easily shattered with one encounter with a gay guy who knows more about them and their bodies than they do.

Though there are specifics that could be argued,Borg, I take it you are painting with a broad brush to make a point and I pretty much agree. Sad that Keith's roommate can't see that masculinity is a gay trait. The majority of gay guys I know are not seeking the feminine side of themselves but identify with other guys.
I bid NO Trump!

I am meaning the majority of the bell curve of the homophobes whom if were more comfortable with themselves wouldn't care what anyone else was doing and wouldn't see homosexuality as a threat to their manliness. Of course with everything, there are exceptions.

It's all BS stereotypes stemming from fear perpetuated by our society that gay is synonymous with feminine, weak, submissive, equivalent to a woman, whereas straight is synonymous with masculine, strong, dominant, equivalent to an aggressive wild predator.

China is merely late to the social hypocrisy party.

Fascinating how insecure 'straight' men can not only insult all gay people, but insult the women they supposedly find attractive, insult actual straight men and reveal quite telling aspects of themselves and their comfort level within their own sexuality all at the same time with just one stupid comment.