Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dangerous Faggot
Sylph Wrote:He must be an American, cause all of us Non-Americans seem to be unawares of this person.

And yet better still, all the more reason I am glad to be just far enough away from that continent to avoid the crazies, but close enough to order shit on Amazon.

Even tho it still takes almost a week... But I digress Sheep

He is British...and born in Greece.....

*Puts his name in the "never heard of him" hat.*

And I was having such a nice day............

This quote from an online review sums him up pretty well: "Yiannopoulos relied heavily on slurs as a substitute for a cohesive argument."

Enough said.

East Wrote:He is British...and born in Greece.....

Well clearly he hold more influence in America, as it seems the Europeans here don't know him and I know for sure that I don't.

Every response acknowledging his existence has come from US residents my dear.

Just my observation. Sheep

A world traveler from Australia I used to know told me that you could find crazy conspiracy theorists and hate mongers all over the world, but for some strange reason they only built up a significant following in the United States (enough that he knows of more than one that moved to the US because of that, or at least target American audiences). Heck, we used to have a European member (I think from Italy) here always posting about Harry Potter taught actual Satanic witchcraft and similar things and he always quoted American sources (rather than from his own nation) as far as I can recall.

That world traveler was also shocked by our FOX News. While such news sites can be found in other nations, they're typically mocked or derided for the most part, but in the US that kind of media makes for celebrities. (I actually thought Glenn Beck was dry satire of right wing talk radio myself and couldn't understand why everyone around me seemed to be taking him so seriously until I realized it was the infamous FOX News I'd heard about.)

But it seems nearly half of Americans (US only) believe in Creationism and take a literal view of the Biblical mythos, among many other strange things. And kids expelled for making teachers sick with witchcraft aren't unknown. We're a very silly nation.

I've only heard of him through what he did with Leslie Jones and the twinks for trump blood bath in Chelsea. Outside of that, I don't know much about him.

I mean, gay people are diverse - in our politics, our world views, our temperaments, our taste levels... I'd expect the same amount of negative traits amongst the gay population as I would amongst the broader population in general. That said, maybe it's because I do live in a place that has a big gay population, as well as a population of...eccentric... people. And in my experience, some of the worst, most blantant expressions of racism, misogyny, and just assholery, has been from gay men. And it's often excused by "but I'm gay and I've suffered too" or "I'm gay so it's ok for me to talk like this". I think for a lot of gay men, the idea of intersectionality is totally lost.

So that a guy like this exists does not shock me. And that other would latch on to him and try to soften it or back it up by saying "but he's gay so it's ok.." also comes as no shock.

But that's life. :/

At least he's hot. <3

Pix Wrote:A world traveler from Australia I used to know told me that you could find crazy conspiracy theorists and hate mongers all over the world, but for some strange reason they only built up a significant following in the United States (enough that he knows of more than one that moved to the US because of that, or at least target American audiences). Heck, we used to have a European member (I think from Italy) here always posting about Harry Potter taught actual Satanic witchcraft and similar things and he always quoted American sources (rather than from his own nation) as far as I can recall.

That world traveler was also shocked by our FOX News. While such news sites can be found in other nations, they're typically mocked or derided for the most part, but in the US that kind of media makes for celebrities. (I actually thought Glenn Beck was dry satire of right wing talk radio myself and couldn't understand why everyone around me seemed to be taking him so seriously until I realized it was the infamous FOX News I'd heard about.)

But it seems nearly half of Americans (US only) believe in Creationism and take a literal view of the Biblical mythos, among many other strange things. And kids expelled for making teachers sick with witchcraft aren't unknown. We're a very silly nation.

Along the same lines, I just finished listening to the most recent episode of This American Life http://m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-arch.../seriously called Seriously? and it's all about the amount of just lies and false information that has been perpetuated by the right wing in recent years and this election cycle. It really is disturbing that pundits can just make stuff up and people will eat it up and pass it around, and that facts have been politicized. The podcast gave examples of how even when fellow conservatives try to correct the misinformation, they get attacked and accused of being anti American, communist, a fake republican, and so on. My life experience is just not long enough to have a point of reference to know if this is just a human nature thing, or a modern thing, or an American thing. But it's definitely a disturbing thing...

His name sounds like a type of foreign cookie.

I have no idea who this is though.

matty7 Wrote:I don't know him - but if he offends you then I don't understand why you watch him ? if you cease to view him then isn't that a positive thing for you ?

"Dangerous Faggot" Is the name of his cross country tour around american colleges and universities (thus, why he's becoming known here in the states), and is a writer to a popular conservative news site.

I'm very active personally in reading up on poilitics, so he's crossed my hemisphere of thought and I watched a few speeches and debates to hear him out to see if he was as vile as people have been saying, and see if I'd agree with any of his views. I like to investigate shit.