Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date Time :D
Heyyyy you guys, long time no speak. School and work has taken up so much of my time, I rarely find time to even go on here! But, I gotta ask you guys for some advice real quick.

I've been "browsing" Grindr in the recent weeks and it's been kinda fun. I've met some really awesome people and I've been on like 4 "minidates" (like getting a cup of coffee or something like that.)

But last week, this guy messaged me. He was really cute and seemed cool, so we talked. We messaged, then started texting each other. He asked me yesterday if I wanted to grab some lunch with him and I said absolutely. We got lunch today for about an hour and it was awesome. He really was cute and super nice. I mentioned that I LOVE Thai food and haven't had it in forever, then he asked if I wanted to have some Thai food sometime. Of course I said yes. The date's gonna be this Sunday.

Do you guys have any first-time "real" date advice? Should we meet at either one of our houses, then go to the restaurant? Who should pay? Im just so new to this stuffffff......haha

Hi SHO,

Where you meet for a second date will depend on how much you trust him. If you meet at your home - he will then know where you live.... Personally, I'd not let him know where you live until you get to know him a little better. But, if he seems like a really nice guy who wouldn't throw rocks thru your front window when he gets mad at you,,, then meet at your place.

Generally speaking, whoever does the asking-out,,, is the one who would pay. But I'm old fashioned and from a different era. It wouldn't be unreasonable for you to suggest a 50/50 split for the dinner,,, just let him know as soon as possible so there will be no confusion when the bill arrives at the table on Sunday.

Now,,, about the food... Thai food can be pretty spicy (hot). Your date may be unaware of the "Heat" involved in eating Thai food - so make sure he understands this before he orders from the spicy side of the menu. You wouldn't want your date to have an unenjoyable time because his mouth & lips caught fire on your first formal night out (smile).... I hear that milk chocolate can diffuse a burning mouth, so maybe bring a few Hershey's Kisses with you just in case he needs them.

Best wishes,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Hi SHO,

Where you meet for a second date will depend on how much you trust him. If you meet at your home - he will then know where you live.... Personally, I'd not let him know where you live until you get to know him a little better. But, if he seems like a really nice guy who wouldn't throw rocks thru your front window when he gets mad at you,,, then meet at your place.

Generally speaking, whoever does the asking-out,,, is the one who would pay. But I'm old fashioned and from a different era. It wouldn't be unreasonable for you to suggest a 50/50 split for the dinner,,, just let him know as soon as possible so there will be no confusion when the bill arrives at the table on Sunday.

Now,,, about the food... Thai food can be pretty spicy (hot). Your date may be unaware of the "Heat" involved in eating Thai food - so make sure he understands this before he orders from the spicy side of the menu. You wouldn't want your date to have an unenjoyable time because his mouth & lips caught fire on your first formal night out (smile).... I hear that milk chocolate can diffuse a burning mouth, so maybe bring a few Hershey's Kisses with you just in case he needs them.

Best wishes,
Jim

That... is some pro advice Smile

My number 1 advice for new relationships is to enjoy all of the butterflies, all of the super-amazing feelings you'll have with someone new--but to remember that they will in many ways fade by about week 5. Don't try to judge the relationship (if it is such) before that point. In my experience, you just can't think clearly until then.

And have fun on your date!

Thanks for the advice guys.

jimcrackcorn; I was thinking more at his place. He has his own place and If he came over then I would have to introduce him to my parents. I don't really wanna do that till were actually going out.

I really don't mind how the bill gets paid either way. I have money and so does he.

He fully understands that Thai food is spicy. He said, and I quote, "the spicier, the better." I made the mistake of ordering the authentic spice level once at a Thai food place and my bowels will never be the same.

Thanks again for the awesome tips Smile

JackBoneTX; Omg, these feelings im going through right now are amazing. Im excited, but anxious. Worried, but hopeful. I really hope that something materializes after this second date. I wanna ask him out, but idk. haha

Thanks for the good wishes Smile

Be yourself. Be polite. Be attentive. Pay attention. Don't be so moonstruct you overlook red flags. Don't talk about ex's or bitch about work. Ask questions. Be honest, but don't give out too much info. Smile. Flirt, but don't be trampy. Be confident. Look him in the eye. If you're uncomfortable push your boundaries - go with the flow.

Dress nice.

First date?

From the sounds of it...just hit the sheets and then order in Chinese later.

SHOman93 Wrote:Do you guys have any first-time "real" date advice?

Just be yourself. Have fun!

Tomorrow's the BIG day,,, I hope it turns out well..

Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Awwww, you guys are freaking amazing.

Borg, I love those tips. I'll have to write them down on my forearm for the date ;D Just kidding, but really I will most certainly keep those in my mind.

Rareboy, Sounds like a hell of a time to me!

LutheranGuy Will do! I can't wait!

And Jim, I Know Smile I can not wait!! We are going finalize the details tomorrow because he's out of town until later tonight. Hopefully, I don't get there and end up passing out in my car due to excitement. haha