Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date, or not to date.
So I have been seeing this person we'll call M. M and I have bee talking lately. We met on Okcupid, and have already gone on a date. We kissed on the first date and stuff, and I really think he is a nice guy, but he is a bit forward. He talks about "make out songs" and stuff, he has already made me talk to all of his close friends over the phone, and I just feel awkward. I told him to slow down a little, and at first he did, but idk, it seems a but weird. But I kind of feel like I should give a relationship a chance. What do you all think??? :confused:

It's down to you in the end.Confusedmile:
I see no reason not to date him, bar being fast moving relationship-wise, but i'd say that's probably down to him being excited.Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

livingproof Wrote:So I have been seeing this person we'll call M. M and I have bee talking lately. We met on Okcupid, and have already gone on a date. We kissed on the first date and stuff, and I really think he is a nice guy, but he is a bit forward. He talks about "make out songs" and stuff, he has already made me talk to all of his close friends over the phone, and I just feel awkward. I told him to slow down a little, and at first he did, but idk, it seems a but weird. But I kind of feel like I should give a relationship a chance. What do you all think??? :confused:

Date him!

I'm no expert but here's my philosophy: We take the good with the bad. When there's more BAD than GOOD, then it's time to move on.

It's up to you, but you're young and this is not marriage we're talking about. Just go with the flow until you decide it's not your cup of tea.

Cool?
Smile

I think you should learn to trust your feelings and be true to yourself...it takes time and practice....

..so if it feels right go ahead and give it a chance but if something feels wrong...maybe not. I believe in always trusting your gut.

If he really is a nice guy you can forgive him for being a bit forwards, and he'll understand if you want to take things slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Perhaps bring the subject up again?? I personally am somewhat passive, so a too forward person I don't mind, but if you really do think that is is too annoying and evasive, then I think maybe time to move on?? You're also 20, so there might be more fishes out there Big Grin

it sounds like he could be a little emotionally immature. The dwn side on this is even if you talk to him, be sure to repeat your self a few times. He will not understand , i mean if he is that way.
sit next to him and let him tell you what he respects in you, see if he will trust you with his thoughts, see if he has the time to do this.

do you think you have become apathetic, jaded that it could be that simple? Could you respect someone that is easy to find. Does he bring anything to the table that you dont already have.

Maybe he just doesn't know the right way to include you in his life?

Or maybe he is just so into you he wants to show you off to everyone and convince you that he wants you as part of his life?

If being forced to talk to his friends and his talking about make-out songs is the only two faults you have with him, I strongly suggest running off to Canada and getting married Wink.

If he is around your age (20), he is most likely too young to know where to draw decent boundaries. He will, most likely, mellow with age. He most likely lacks experience to know how fast is too fast and to comprehend why you are dragging your feet.

Rhetorical Questions:

And why is it you are dragging your feet mister?

Why are you not as 'into it' as he is? You are 20, raging with hormones, you should be as excited and wanting to share your new found interest with all of your friends.

These are rhetorical questions - meaning you should seriously be asking yourself 'What is wrong with me?'. The answers are for yourself, no need to tell me or anyone else the answers.

It does not mean there is anything wrong with you, it only means you should explore the 'why' this is troubling to you aspect of things.

Ask yourself other questions:

Why is it you want things to go slow?
Why does make out songs disturb you?

Think of other related questions about the relationship, if it helps write the questions down and write a reply to yourself. Explore your feelings, your motivations, your wants and desires.

We humans tend to focus on the problems of the other in our relationships - meaning we find flaws with our partner and rarely consider if the problem really isn't us. Try focusing on your 'issues' and the reasons why you have these issues.

From there you can decide if its worth your time and effort to pursue this potential relationship.

It's good that he introduced you to all of his close friends.Well, for me, it's just like a CONFIRMATION for the relationship.. He wouldn't do that if he isn't into you, right? Be grateful that, he's willing to tell people that, 'Hey, I'm attached and he's my bf..".. But i do know what's your problem..Maybe you should talk to him, like face-to-face, only you and him, then tell him that you would really need some time to be closed with his friends...I'm sure he will respect you (if he really so into you).. Good luck friend! He's a good guy I guess!