Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date someone who's transgender?
I really try to keep in mind, "Never say never". I am gay, and I do love the male body and all the goodies attached to it. Often I think that a lot about being male lay in a particular state of mind. Before Mark, and back in the day, I dated a drag queen, and we had a pretty solid run at a relationship.

I would hope that I would have fallen in love with the person, and not simply the anatomy. I don't know. Maybe given the right circumstances, the right transgender male... Unfortunately I'd hate to think how much more difficult that might make a healthy relationship work.

ASIDE: I hate having to say "back in the day". Sucks.

I really dig all this discussion folks. It's an interesting topic.

Miles Wrote:You could become...Vagina Man:

[Image: vagina-costume.jpg]

That is one creative Halloween costume. Good God.

Floppity

Though this raises another question... if a guy had a vagina, but was a guy from the start... would y'all be into that?

It's so interesting to think about this...

If you see a guy, and think "damn"... and become really attracted to him... but then find out he was born a woman's body (or vise versa) suddenly the attraction falters. It's so incredibly delicate... what is sexuality omfg.

We are all the same. We all have equal rights. [Suddenly i sound like a religious guy, LOL]
Well i saw a movie named Romeos. And i found that many transgenders were [hmm how to say] poor or miserable. They could be treated differently.

I'm personally not attracted to them, but if I were to get to know them, and we both developed feelings, then them being trans' wouldn't be an issue to me. For me, as soon as there's an emotional connection, superficial things and appearances don't affect me. The only issue I would probably have, is if they still had their female organs, and since I'm gay, I'm not attracted to girls in any way, but like I said, if I really liked them, then I would try my best to work things out or move past from that, the best I could.

Cuddly Wrote:This kind of question makes me feel awful! No - I probably wouldn't. I don't think it's physically possible to change a female body into a male body possessing the traits that I find oh so attractive.

This is normally the kind of thread I just avoid, because I feel like honest answers are unpopular and it's a theoretical situation I doubt I'll ever deal with in real life in any event. I feel the same way you do, though for different reasons. I believe that women (be they women who identify as women, or women who identify as men) can have male "energy" to them. But I've never had a moment of feeling like I could have confused any woman I have ever met or interacted with with an actual biological male-- and I don't mean the physical aspects, because there are certainly some very male or masculine-featured/-looking women on the planet, and some very good (physically) post-op ex-females. I'm referring to probably a LOT of small inexplicables and things that are largely not even all that conscious either on the part of the person projecting them or on my part perceiving them.

Honestly, it's impossible to lay out a list because I don't think a lot of it are external traits or discrete things. It's a combination of things some of which are not tangible and which I do not believe someone can either re-train themselves or be re-trained about after living as another gender in their formative years (even if that was not of their own choice). "Presence" might be a way of what I'm trying to say, what kind of identity do you project off of yourself not just from your body or your voice or your personality, but from your psyche as well-- and without even trying. It's completely not tied at all to "how do you verbally identify."

For many people maybe the correct physical form (or enough of its features) and the correct self-conception would meet "my restriction for what I want to date is I'm into men/males." For me it would have to actually be to the point of "I literally forget that this person was ever anything but male." I'd have to be able to then sit down at a table and hang out in their presence for an hour and completely perceive the person across from me as a male rather than as someone attempting to make the external match an internal perception of feeling or identifying as male. And it has almost nothing to do with the presence of the penis or facial/body hair or physical shape-- I don't see most biological male's penises or body hair or naked physical forms, but still perceive them as male.

It's also possible I simply haven't experienced enough interaction with enough different formerly female males to have a better cross section of the what's out there. But my perception thus far has always been of someone trying very hard to make the internal, the psychological, the physical and the spiritual dimensions of "male" all come into alignment-- never so far of someone who has actually completely succeeded at doing it.

I feel guilty because that feels somehow closed off. I'm actually very inspired by how brave many transgender or gender-changing/correcting individuals are and how overwhelming the challenges of that experience must be, and how few people can really understand it. But I think when it comes to dating, seeking out life partners, investing (and accepting investment) in people emotionally and romantically, you should be honest about where your bridges go and which bridges are "a bridge too far" because you're just setting yourself and someone else up to be unhappy in the long run otherwise. For me at least based on my experiences and my own self-perception of what I desire, it's a bridge I don't think I could cross. But I also would not say that would "never change" based on different perceptions and meeting different individuals in the future.

Cuddly Wrote:This kind of question makes me feel awful! No - I probably wouldn't. I don't think it's physically possible to change a female body into a male body possessing the traits that I find oh so attractive.

I'm even more specific - I could see a trans girl in my bed, since she'd have the requisite equipment, but she'd have to be domme.

I would not based on the experiences in my life with every TG person I have ever known BUT I suppose if I fell in love anything would be possible...just not likely.

The F to M people I have known have been dreadful on every level....some of the M to F people have been cool...most not.... but they have made in clear that they are STRAIGHT women in a male body and if you asked them if they would date a gay man the answer would be NO! In real life talking to many of them as well as hearing them on talk radio on many subjects they pretty much are unanimous on this point.

East Wrote:The F to M people I have known have been dreadful on every level....some of the M to F people have been cool...most not.... but they have made in clear that they are STRAIGHT women in a male body and if you asked them if they would date a gay man the answer would be NO! In real life talking to many of them as well as hearing them on talk radio on many subjects they pretty much are unanimous on this point.

I don't understand what the problem is with a straight woman not wanting to date a man who is not attracted to women.

Miles Wrote:I don't understand what the problem is with a straight woman not wanting to date a man who is not attracted to women.

Well..that is actually the point I was making. The reason...it is often the "wrong answer" to say you won't date a transgender person if you are gay...my point is that the transgender person might not want to date a gay person either because they are "straight"....