Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date someone who's transgender?
I've always loved the trans community, so dating one wouldn't bother me at all, I believe. Yeah, there could be an interesting challenge or two when it comes to time spent between the sheets, but if two people like each other and are willing, I'm sure they can find something fun to do.
My biggest concern with a ftm trans relationship would be the status of things downstairs. Is it functional? Does he enjoy it? I haven't had the opportunity to really have an in-depth talk with someone who is post-op, so I haven't been able to ask these questions. If anyone wants to set me straight on these questions, I would welcome the education.

I was actually in a relationship with a FTM transgender before I met Twist, so yeah.

He didn't just identify as male but had top surgery(but not bottom) and had his gender legally changed. I can't even imagine ever "seeing" him as female even though I'd seen video of the "before", heard his voice before he started the T therapy and well...no bottom surgery. But yeah, there was just nothing about him that registered as "female" for me.

Gender identity and sexuality are two distinct and different things. In my personal opinion, I am as much one gender as I am the other, as much both as I am neither. I am genetically male and have male genitals, and I am reasonably glad of that. Sex-wise my tastes are for male on male, and I have no sexual interest for female genitals. People sometimes find their sexuality limiting when they find someone to connect with. I am content with my sexuality thus far though I have too little experience with the trans community. I am open minded, but I do regret in advance what challenges are faced by the trans community, and by anyone who has to face unreciprocated feelings.

love shouldn't be defined by one's sexuality, so i am definitely open to falling in love with a trans-guy... but then again, this has never happened in the past Snake

Wade Wrote:Is it possible, or would it clear up confusion, to acknowledge that words like "straight" and "gay" are too limiting, or lose all their meaning when it comes to trans men and women? It would make more sense I think to recognize two things: a person's gender they identify as, and the gender they are attracted to.

I'm reading this at 5:35 in the morning after four hours of trying desperately to fall asleep (I had a hell of an evening last night) and am only now realizing how fucking dumb I am for writing the above.

Anonymous Wrote:So this is a question directed mainly towards guys who identify as gay, but of course everyone's input is welcome and appreciated!

How would you feel about seeing someone who was born biologically female, but identifies as a gay male? Or have you, and if so, how did it go? I personally find myself frequently attracted to trans guys. Just wondering how others feel about this subject.

Btw, this is Wade, but shhhhhh.... you're not supposed to know that.

hard to answer this one

I think I would date a trans man. On a physical level, the body as a whole matters more to me than what's going on between their legs.

East Wrote:I would not based on the experiences in my life with every TG person I have ever known BUT I suppose if I fell in love anything would be possible...just not likely.

The F to M people I have known have been dreadful on every level....some of the M to F people have been cool...most not.... but they have made in clear that they are STRAIGHT women in a male body and if you asked them if they would date a gay man the answer would be NO! In real life talking to many of them as well as hearing them on talk radio on many subjects they pretty much are unanimous on this point.

I worked with a post-op transsexual M to F, and I have to say that she was one of the most unpleasant, judge mental people I have ever known. She became very religious after her surgery and became openly hostile to gay people. I will never forget how confused it made me feel to hear her disparage gay and lesbian people, knowing that she had been born a male....

Beaux Wrote:I worked with a post-op transsexual M to F, and I have to say that she was one of the most unpleasant, judge mental people I have ever known. She became very religious after her surgery and became openly hostile to gay people. I will never forget how confused it made me feel to hear her disparage gay and lesbian people, knowing that she had been born a male....

Sure you're not just thinking about this? (go to 9:35)

Omg!...
The opening anonymous post is like something Wade would write...