Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date suggestions
Ok, so this is my last resort (no offense) So I've been single (by choice) and have not wanted an actual relationship for exactly 5 years this month. I have been going on dates, but they were really meaningless, as in somewhere inside me I knew I didn't want it to go beyond two or three dates.

I have recently (like new years day) decided to get back into "serious" dating leading towards an LTR and since apparently fate didn't want me to wait any longer, I've met this really sweet and adorable guy (more like noticed that he was right infront of me)... I had the courage to ask him out last week and we are going on our first date this Saturday... I have been playing it cool since it was so far away.... Today I wake up and I am full of butterflies... I am so nervous and I have no idea why, I am usually quick in coming up with date ideas and things to make guys smile and stuff but right now I am drawing a blank. I thought I had a plan but I want this to be special not just for him, but also because this is my first attempt to date in a serious way.

I have no clue on what to do. Well I sort of do... I was thinking about meeting somewhere in the city and going out to a dinner to start off the night (of course I already have my greeting down pack with the flower and everything)... but Idk should we do dinner? should we do something else?... what should we do after?... I hate feeling this way, I hate not being in control of my thoughts because some amazing guy has me all confused... :confused:

Please help!... Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated :-)

welcome to the forum
pick a quiet place for dinner so you guys can talk.

thank you... I was googling first date ideas while at work and this website came up... I thought that maybe i should give it a try and see what others had to say...

I don't like this feeling so much... although it is a good feeling to be nervous about going on a date with someone that you are truly liking in ever sence of the word... I just don't like it!... lol... i have been considering cancelling the date cause I am about to have an anxiety attack!... lol...

So you think just dinner at an nice restaurant is good enough or should I have something else planned like for after dinner?...................... I'm trying to stay away from anywhere near our bedrooms, if you know what i mean....

CSL Wrote:thank you... I was googling first date ideas while at work and this website came up... I thought that maybe i should give it a try and see what others had to say...

I don't like this feeling so much... although it is a good feeling to be nervous about going on a date with someone that you are truly liking in ever sence of the word... I just don't like it!... lol... i have been considering cancelling the date cause I am about to have an anxiety attack!... lol...

So you think just dinner at an nice restaurant is good enough or should I have something else planned like for after dinner?...................... I'm trying to stay away from anywhere near our bedrooms, if you know what i mean....

Honestly, if it's been very long since you've done any serious dating you might like to choose something that will cause you less stress.

Dinner, and after-dinner activities are pretty formal and heavy stuff...

You might want to try something more casual. Just coffee? Then go for a walk if coffee goes well?

Maybe check out a museum for a predetermined length of time? And if that goes well, coffee?

Smile

Or maybe just a drink and an appetizer at a bar?

Bottom line, if you're really stressed you probably won't enjoy yourself--or WORSE give off a wrong impression.

Just keep it casual.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Cool

Hi and welcome CSL,

You can't go wrong with dinner and a movie, followed by coffee.

I really don't want to do the coffee date thing... It is not my thing :-( I don't drink it much and the smell of it sometimes makes me sick... I am wierd I know!...

The museum idea crossed my mind but this will be a kind of a late date thing not sure if they will be open... but I will def check it out....

I like formal dates when I know the route I want to take with the guy....

Rainbowmum.... Dinner and a Movie (or play) was my origional plan but I have been reading all these first dates suggestions and they all rule out movie and play... so I was like (what the heck)... lol... :-(... I am going to think it over and see... ugh

Thank you guys!...

Flexible; let your date have debs into the agenda too. Share the expenses 50/50. If a restaurant; something not expensive; example is a Pho place. If your having fun, do something after the dinner. Have a cocktail than a small live community theater.

CSL Wrote:Ok, so this is my last resort (no offense) So I've been single (by choice) and have not wanted an actual relationship for exactly 5 years this month. I have been going on dates, but they were really meaningless, as in somewhere inside me I knew I didn't want it to go beyond two or three dates.

I have recently (like new years day) decided to get back into "serious" dating leading towards an LTR and since apparently fate didn't want me to wait any longer, I've met this really sweet and adorable guy (more like noticed that he was right infront of me)... I had the courage to ask him out last week and we are going on our first date this Saturday... I have been playing it cool since it was so far away.... Today I wake up and I am full of butterflies... I am so nervous and I have no idea why, I am usually quick in coming up with date ideas and things to make guys smile and stuff but right now I am drawing a blank. I thought I had a plan but I want this to be special not just for him, but also because this is my first attempt to date in a serious way.

I have no clue on what to do. Well I sort of do... I was thinking about meeting somewhere in the city and going out to a dinner to start off the night (of course I already have my greeting down pack with the flower and everything)... but Idk should we do dinner? should we do something else?... what should we do after?... I hate feeling this way, I hate not being in control of my thoughts because some amazing guy has me all confused... :confused:

Please help!... Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated :-)

SKYDIVEING!
And then sunset dinner
I'd totally date anyone who would take me on a date like that!

everyone to their own devices; you might have something like this?
indoor sky diving
shifter go carts

I want to date the guy not give him a heart attack.... he did have a say in it but it seems that he is more of submissive... so I have to take the lead... and i also like surprising people, i sort of like that i am in control of it... so I was thinking miniture golfing?.... you guys rock tho thanks!... I do like the go carts idea.... sky diving maybe for date 4... lol