Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Date" walked away in the middle of dinner...
I fear for the man who is desperate enough to sleep with this guy.

The only thing that I see that you did wrong was not leaving before he did.

The moment that someone told me on a first date that they spike drinks, I probably would have pretended to have gotten a text about an emergency at home or would have faked an acute appendix attack...anything to put as much distance as possible between me and the psychopath.

Rejections never feel good - even if it's from someone you don't want... but this guy did you a huge favor by exiting your life. You don't need His level of drama.

Wow Derek I am glad it blew up at the restaurant before he took you to his place and something bad happened there. Consider yourself lucky. The guy sounds unstable.

I think the only thing you did wrong was to agree to dinner out on a blind date. Your first meeting should be over coffee or tea in the late afternoon or early evening. Then if it's not going well, you part ways and no one is stuck with a big bill. If it is going well, then you can suggest dinner as the second act. Then if it's still going well at dinner, you can suggest a third act!

I think you shold consider youself luck you've managed to dodge him. Spiking drinks?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

He sounds crazy and luckily you dodged a bullet. Also I'd inform your friend to do you a favor and not set you up anymore.

that aint cray cray, that guy is crazy! what kind of psycho are you to spike drinks?

I agree with what has already been said. good thing he left and all you had to deal with was the bill. a bitter bill

To me, knowing in advance that he was hypersexual, would have been a red flag. I have a strong sex drive and am no prude, but to me being hypersexual means more than just super horny. It would mean abnormal or obsessive to me. I think I would almost be looking for him to reveal such shit about himself and to be upfront about it. And when it's common knowledge about a person, it's probably an indication of their character. If he told you about this on a first date then he tells everyone.

It's good that you got away with only the bill for dinner. Your virginity is intact. Wink

Wow... that sounds like a terrible situation. Atleast it didn't go further. I think people should be forward when on dates but that's wayyyy beyond. By forward I mean like saying thanks for dinner and leaving but storming away in the middle of dinner? Jebus. Atleast leave some money for the bill.

It is interesting that your friend thought he was OK to set you up with and that your impression was so very different. That makes me think your friend really does not know the guy or that your date is very two-faced. Best to avoid. Getting stiffed for the check is a small price to pay.
I bid NO Trump!