Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dates that turn into mates.
artyboy Wrote:So what I'm asking is can you make friends with guys you date?

Guys? Yes. Girls? I didn't have so much luck. I'm still happily talking with my ex-boyfriend, but I hope I never talk to the girls I've been in relationships with again.

Your story is a bit different though. If something doesn't work out after just one date, at least you didn't have to go through building a true relationship up before letting go. On the plus side, you've made a new friend. That's always a good thing.

Well that's pretty much what you want from a date is to find a friend to whom you could potentially continue on to become more. But the longer you are friends for the better you get to know them and the better you decision will be later if you guys get to that stage n.n

I would definitely say so.

I've done it a few times myself.

The problems start when the other guy becomes freaky and behaves like a stalker.

Move on though, don't put your life on hold for this guy.

I'm friends with everyone I've slept with, maybe not kept in contact these days but certainly when we were catching up regularly it was all good.

I really don't see the issue, as long as there is no romantic interest from either side then there shouldn't be a problem.

Undreamt Wrote:I'm friends with everyone I've slept with, maybe not kept in contact these days but certainly when we were catching up regularly it was all good.

I really don't see the issue, as long as there is no romantic interest from either side then there shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not waiting around, even got a few other dates lined up.

I'm very good friends with someone I dated in the past who wasn't ready for anything further, in fact we spent last night catching up over pizza and drinks. It is possible to carry on friendships with those you've dated with, even if things did get steamy.