Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating??
So I recently broke up with my boyfriend and started hanging out with this new guy who's 19(me being almost 17) and things have gone well but I really like him and he got out of a relationship too and told me he wanted to "stay single for a couple months," but we're still dating eachother. I'm honestly new to dating so help??:confused:

Personally after a break up I steer clear of relationships for at least a year.

I do not want to get into a rebound relationship. Rebound relationships are often messy, ugly and people get hurt. Some workout, most do not.

It is also a good idea to take the time after your break up to really get over the other person. Further, one should always take the time to work on what it is that is wrong with them that lead to the break up.

So in my case, I work on ferreting out my mistakes, my issues, my hand in the break-up and try to work on it and be more careful in future not to fall into the same mistakes.

I think he's being wise in not jumping into a rebound relationship. maybe for him a couple of months is long enough, it isn't for me, but we're all different.

Like Bowyn said, I've got a few thing I need to work on personally before I'll feel ready for another relationship. That's assuming my jaded side doesn't win out for good this time and keep me single.

In you place, I'd keep it to possibly friends with benefits at most until you BOTH feel ready to move it to a more committed relationship. Enjoy your time to get to know each other without the pressures of commitment and dreaming of a future together and all of that.

It all depends on how serious the relationship was. I have had friends who have gone from one relationship to another but the previous one was a bit of a joke so the second one couldnt really be considered a rebound. For me a year would be far too long, a few months is fine.

i might mention:
he is 19 and your of legal age? All good but if not you guys should be careful.

Basically just don't rush into anything.........give it time.
Good luck with it all....

If it feels good, and it feels right, then go for it.

Lifes to short to wonder 'What if'

First let me say Welcome

I think he is being very wise and honest with you.
Don't get your hopes up with this one and guard your heart.