Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating After Rape?
You definitely need to stress with your counselor how this has affected you, and if he refuses to help you with this, find another counselor.

Rape is not a crime of sex, it is a crime of anger, that man took his rage out on you and violated you. You deserved way better treatment than that from him, and you deserve better counseling than what you are getting.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Dating is hard after something like that, and i feel for you . I still have nightmares and afraid to get close in a relationship. Hope you the best in dealing with it and know there is alot more here have been thru the same.

findingmyway Wrote:I don't want the other person to feel that they have to treat me like a fragile doll. Well, I should probably just tell them that.

You could always date a fragile doll! ( im single )

Sorry for what happened to you, i hope its helped opening up…

partis Wrote:You could always date a fragile doll! ( im single )

Actually....

I have been in and out of AA Rooms, NA rooms, Group Therapy, Insane Asylums (now called 'hospitals') where people who deal with 'this sort of thing' meet, talk, cry, shout, go a little bit more insane... or even heal a bit...

There is a tendency for 'broken toys' to find comfort in the arms of other 'broken toys'....

Example, two ex-alcoholics who are working a program of recovery usually end up having a better, more satisfying and understanding of each other thus have a better connection and greater chance of surviving as a couple just because they 'get' what its like to be of a more fluid origin.

This applies to all sort of issues. However, it only works if both individuals of the 'us' are working on whatever ails them.

Findingmyway, there are going to be aspects to this that no 'normal' person will ever fully understand and be able to accept fully and completely. They haven't been there, they can't relate and there are a lot of assumptions about ability to 'get over it' which can lead to a couple having problems due to that lack of a common frame of reference.

.... Besides I think you and Partis would make a cute couple.... Xyxthumbs

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:.... Besides I think you and Partis would make a cute couple.... Xyxthumbs

haha. You think so?

findingmyway Wrote:haha. You think so?

Yes i do… i mean yes he does… i mean YES!

Well, this is taking an unexpected turn. lol.

Oh sweetie I am so very sorry this happened to you,I strongly suggest you see a counselor .
Bighug

We are here for you.