Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating/Relationships
Is anyone in this world seeking a relationship anymore? I just recently got acquainted with Grindr and some other gay dating apps, and all I've seen on there was much talk about sex. I've been getting 10-20 messages a day for the past couple days, from people asking me if I want to have sex with them or do anything sexual. I've never been in a relationship before, I'm still a virgin, and all I really want is someone that I can relate to and have fun with. I'm honestly starting to lose hope in finding someone that actually wants to know whats inside me, instead of trying to get inside me. Are there still people like that out there?

Hebiscus Wrote:Is anyone in this world seeking a relationship anymore? I just recently got acquainted with Grindr and some other gay dating apps, and all I've seen on there was much talk about sex. I've been getting 10-20 messages a day for the past couple days, from people asking me if I want to have sex with them or do anything sexual. I've never been in a relationship before, I'm still a virgin, and all I really want is someone that I can relate to and have fun with. I'm honestly starting to lose hope in finding someone that actually wants to know whats inside me, instead of trying to get inside me. Are there still people like that out there?

Yup, I'm like you too, hoping to be in a relationship and have no interests in one-night-stands. So, not to worry you are not alone Smile

I posted this about this the other day with the advice I got essentially I was told that depending on your age if you're young it's going be awhile while you search it's not going to be easy. Like typical heterosexual relationship but you know if you have that self image of self-respect and you know what you want to go for it but take your time relationships these days. are not easy to come by especially if you're gay or lesbian I'm in a situation right now yes I've been gay for over year and I am struggling to find someone suitable for me yes the city I live in is full of gay people but you know sometimes the best way to start out a relationship is knowing the person for a long time not to jump In like I've made that mistakes way too times why is it better to know somebody for a period of time before jumping into a relationship because you know you have that sense of relationship where you know you can trust somebody you can know them how to get you sense how well you may or may not think the person but it's better to know that person for years and just no Sunday for 2, 3, or 6 months down the roadit's just not about knowing but it's about common interest does that make sense?

bluedragon Wrote:Yup, I'm like you too, hoping to be in a relationship and have no interests in one-night-stands. So, not to worry you are not alone Smile

Thank you Smile

Gaylonelyman Wrote:I posted this about this the other day with the advice I got essentially I was told that depending on your age if you're young it's going be awhile while you search it's not going to be easy. Like typical heterosexual relationship but you know if you have that self image of self-respect and you know what you want to go for it but take your time relationships these days. are not easy to come by especially if you're gay or lesbian I'm in a situation right now yes I've been gay for over year and I am struggling to find someone suitable for me yes the city I live in is full of gay people but you know sometimes the best way to start out a relationship is knowing the person for a long time not to jump In like I've made that mistakes way too times why is it better to know somebody for a period of time before jumping into a relationship because you know you have that sense of relationship where you know you can trust somebody you can know them how to get you sense how well you may or may not think the person but it's better to know that person for years and just no Sunday for 2, 3, or 6 months down the roadit's just not about knowing but it's about common interest does that make sense?

Yes it does make sense. It just sucks because I've never been in a relationship and I guess I'm just way too eager to get in one (not to sound spoiled or anything). Thank you Smile

Just be patient I am in very same situation but now I've learned to be less picky and notice between a good potential soulmate and a "bad egg"" and go with your instinct and lastly have fun becareful and be yourself let nature do the selection

Of course plenty of people want a relationship, just finding that diamond in the rough can take time and be hard is all. Grindr is really only for hook ups, so try other dating sites or try to meet someone in the real world, via community projects, clubs etch. As has been stated you are not alone plenty of people in the world just like you.

I totally agree with you Big Grin, I do wanna seek a relationship in about 2 months, though I know that when I do, itll be difficult, although, I suggest seeking for one elsewhere, NOT grindr, that is a hookup app ;s, though Ive met a friend over there, was rare

Grindr is a HOOKUP app., not a DATING app. Try okcupid, but keep in mind there are jerks there too.

Borg69 Wrote:Grindr is a HOOKUP app., not a DATING app. Try okcupid, but keep in mind there are jerks there too.

Borg's right. If you're looking for a relationship, Grindr really isn't the place for it. There's a huge difference between a service (or app) that facilitates hooking up for sex and play, vs a service (or app) designed for those seeking something more (ie. dating/relationships).

Trying to find someone interested in relationships on an app specifically designed for hooking up is going to be extremely frustrating, not to mention an exercise in futility more than likely.

To reassure you, yes. There are tons of men out there (of ALL ages) looking for relationships. The ones that -aren't- interested are just way easier to find because they're out trolling for dick.