Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating Sites and "Wingmen"
I can see how it would work, but at the same time it also really pi**es me off.

Just recently a guy on one of those dating sites referred me to his friend, if you will. I agreed to it, everything is going fine, however the guy who's being the wingman is basing the fact that I'm a hopeless romantic for being jaded and untrustworthy in how I view dating and relationships. I fired off on him telling him that I'm not on those dating sites for just dating and relationships - I'm mostly on there for friends; dating be damned.

He's now gone on to tell his friend about how jaded I am, and honestly, I'm so flustered by this. Facepalm

So, you have to include this middleman in your communications? I'm confused. I've never heard of such a thing, and suggest you get away from these weirdos and move on to normal human beings.

Best just to move on form this

Yes, I'd like to understand what you really mean too. Wingman?
Any hookup sites you join and then put in your profile you are not there to hookup but only want friends is a misunderstanding of the purpose UNLESS the site is not "just" a hookup up site. Or maybe I'm missing something. :confused:

I'd be ticked with the assumption too under the strict description you give so not sure what this so called "friend" is communicating.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

The "wingman" here messaged me. Then after getting to know me, he told me he had a boyfriend, but his friend on the other hand saw my profile and stated he was interested in me, and therefore the "wingman" gave me his friend's number.

I hope that clears that up. (Maybe it's not the exact definition of a true wingman, but it's how I see it).

I agree, having the wingman in all this is really weird, and making things complicated, but I do think his friend has some attractive qualities that might lead to us dating at some point. Otherwise it's either friends or nothing at all from this point on because I'm sure the wingman is telling him a load of crap.

It sounds like this jackass, who you are calling a wingman, has inserted himself into your communications with the guy you're into. That's completely inappropriate, and not at all normal. I reiterate my earlier advice and suggest you end this nonsense before it goes any further. This is not at all typical of dating sites or hookup apps, and you should get out, now!

I've blocked the wingman, but I have a feeling he and the wingman are talking about me, so I guess I'll have to end it.

On another note; how does one deal with there being many guys being interested in dating someone?

(I'll create a new thread…or something)

ChrisH Wrote:I've blocked the wingman, but I have a feeling he and the wingman are talking about me, so I guess I'll have to end it.

On another note; how does one deal with there being many guys being interested in dating someone?

(I'll create a new thread…or something)

You don't need a new thread unless you want. But your question is a little confusing. How do you deal with there being many guys being interested in dating someone? You congratulate them. You call them attractive. You call them known for being available.
Sorry, I'm dense.

If you mean several interested in YOU at one time. I say sort through them two at a time. One for each Friday and one for each Saturday and maybe one or two for Sunday afternoon? Yep, I'm a smarty. Tongue3

What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros? ell-if-i-know
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox Wrote:You don't need a new thread unless you want. But your question is a little confusing. How do you deal with there being many guys being interested in dating someone? You congratulate them. You call them attractive. You call them known for being available.
Sorry, I'm dense.

If you mean several interested in YOU at one time. I say sort through them two at a time. One for each Friday and one for each Saturday and maybe one or two for Sunday afternoon? Yep, I'm a smarty. Tongue3

What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros? ell-if-i-know

Okay, there is a small number of guys that are interested in me…I do not know WHY I worded that question the way that I did.

The thing is, they're all interested in dating me, and yeah…I don't want to date multiple guys…I only want ONE guy. I suppose I'd have to date each one of them a few times before figuring this out? Scared

ChrisH Wrote:I don't want to date multiple guys…I only want ONE guy. I suppose I'd have to date each one of them a few times before figuring this out?

Your question includes the answer. This is the only way if you are wondering.