Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating Someone you used to date
hey guys,

just wondering whether anyone has an advice on dating someone I dated 6 months ago?

we came to an understanding of where we stood in the 'relationship', and it ended on a good note.

i'd like to get back in contact, see whether theyre single and whether theyre willing to take another shot at it. how do i approach this, and what mindset do i need to prepare?

thanks guys

Depends who ended it last time? If him, I'd avoid pursuing it, and focus on moving on properly.

If you ended it, why, and why do you think it'll be different? In this case you have to be careful of 'using' someone else to make you feel better in some way.

johndoe76 Wrote:Depends who ended it last time? If him, I'd avoid pursuing it, and focus on moving on properly.

If you ended it, why, and why do you think it'll be different? In this case you have to be careful of 'using' someone else to make you feel better in some way.
I totally disagree...
Time heals wounds...
>Good people < get better with time...

To the opening poster...

Reach out to your love Interest...

It could be as simple as a post card or e¬mail saying..
"Thinking of you"... or "Always with you"...
Just to see where His thoughts lay regarding you.

Or ...
Do the honorable balsy thing...

Knock on his door..
Say hello..
Apologize if you did wrong..
Apologize if you didn't do wrong..

Reassure your love interest that you want him in your life..
Take it from there..

Now..

I can't promise you it will go smoothly...
But ...
I can promise you ..if you are sincere... your love Interest will get the message that you care...

The decision is then up to him...

I hope it goes well...

Hugs..

I ended up marrying the guy I walked out on 8 years earlier... You never know till you try...
~Beaux

well i ended the friendship because it just wasnt going anywhere.

although ive given myself a six month period to focus on myself, i just sometimes fear seeing him in person prior to that timeframe.

i think i will contact him then, just a text to see if he wanted to catch up. hopefully i would have gone through some soul searching, left the city and travelled a bit. maybe i might've forgetten him by then!!

aaaa1aaaaaa Wrote:hey guys,

just wondering whether anyone has an advice on dating someone I dated 6 months ago?

we came to an understanding of where we stood in the 'relationship', and it ended on a good note.

i'd like to get back in contact, see whether they're single and whether they're willing to take another shot at it. how do i approach this, and what mindset do i need to prepare?

thanks guys

At first if you broke up there was something wrong. Perhaps from you or something you see in him that didn't match with you. Most new couples have a serious handicap and it's called "communication" if you have any lack of it it will not go on. I'm not saying here that you should reveal everything on the first date, but if you had some red flags on the first date, chances are the red flags are still active.

Ask yourself the real question here... is it sexual, physical or psychological? If you can truly convince yourself in all three so you can date him back - go ahead, if there's anything that's wrong in any of those three, you may want to take sometimes to reconsider.

The decision is yours - think for yourself. Nobody here can give you the answer based on their own experience because NOBODY lives your life.

Beaux Wrote:I ended up marrying the guy I walked out on 8 years earlier... You never know till you try...
~Beaux

That's your own experience and I'm sure there's more history in between than what the ops is revealing. I'm glad it worked for you and your husband. But the ops isn't you or your husband and his guy isn't here to tell his side of the story. So great it works for you but it's not helping him telling your success as we do not have any formal details of how it went.

By the way hi Beaux, how are you doing?

How do you even know where he stands? Who ended things last time?

Ok, that aside, it's a matter of getting back in touch with him, maybe find out what's been going on in his life . Perhaps you should avoid coming out of the blue with "hey I weant to date you again".

If he ended things in the first place, I don't think it's a good idea...do as you wish, though.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]