Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating a guy and I am still looking on apps
I met a great guy.  We have been dating for 2 months now. We have not had any conversations about being exclusive yet but he said he is not dating others.  I am still on a couple of websites looking for a hook up or fb. The guy I’ve been dating and I said he wants to take things slowly so IDK if we are going to become a couple.  We have sex once a week.   I’ve been meeting new guys for sex tho.  Not sure if I should stop doing that or just focus on him.  If we become a couple then I’d definitely stop the hook ups. Sometimes I feel guilty because of the Cheating thing it we are just dating and not committed.   Let me know your thoughts. Maybe some of you been in a Similar situation. 
Thank you in advance.

I sex once a week not enough for you? Or do you not see this guy often enough?

I mean the overall tone I get from your post is that you kind of would rather just have hookups rather than be in a relationship with this guy because he wants to take his time. Frankly, this is why he probably wants to take things slowly, people are quick to say they want a relationship but are unwilling to commit to it. It takes a very long time (some say 5 years) to get to know someone. Sex is great and if that's what you want then go after it. If you want to commit, commit and stop looking for hook ups.

We can't tell you how to make up your mind. If you want to go in why you're feeling this way that might be helpful. Is it lack of sex? Something not quite right between you two?

What about the sex buddies you have? Did you keep them or ditch them?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I don’t know when I will see him.  We se each other at least once a week. Some times more. But he is a bit resistant to put himself out. He keeps saying he doesn’t want to rush things but keeps asking me out. I will keep the fuck buddies I think.  I guess I will ditch them once I see this is going serious.  I am ready for commitment but I  don’t want to date for 2 years and then say  we are a couple. I guess having the fuck buddies Is just a way to do not focus 100% on something with him that might not happen.  I am afraid of having “the talk” and out things on the table to see if we are together or not and on the meanwhile I just keep it light and simple with the fb’s. I just don’t want to put my mind on false expectations. Anyway  I am confused as you can tell

Well, you've only known this guy for 2 months? How does not wanting to rush things have to do with taking you out? If you're ready for commitment then ditch the sex buddies, after all you can find a hookup whenever you want to. Like I have said, it takes a long time to get to know someone and I think dating for a while is totally fine.

Personally, I don't think you're ready for commitment. Keeping sex buddies is not being ready for commitment. If you want sex, then focus on your sexual needs, that's fine. If you want to be more than just dates with this guy ditch the sex buddies and focus on him. If it doesn't work out, all you have to do is call those guys up or get on Grindr or whatever. It is just sex. If you want your relationship to last more than 2 years I don't think keeping sex buddies on DL is a good way to start one. I think it will make it very easy for you to cheat on your partners as soon as things hit a rough patch and seems that people find ways to rationalize doing it.

You have to decide what is more important to you, having sex buddies or having a relationship. I would not suggest doing both.

Or you can tell him everything you said here, but you need to further explain why you feel this way, other than you're confused. You haven't really explained, for you, why you're not satisfied with the pace that things are going...after two months.

I can tell you from my personal experience that rushing things will get you nowhere. That I can promise you, so if you're not going to be more patient then I would suggest backing away until you figure it out, or your sexually completed...or whatever the deal is.

Does this all make sense?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!