Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating a guy that is Disabled
Right I'm disabled and have dated quite few guys and my sex life is about the same as any guy my age.

I have a disability that is called becker's muscular dystrophy which is a muscular wasting condition, which means I'm getting weaker year by year and sometimes I have to use a wheelchair. This condition doesn't really stop me, I'm even heading back to work soon after a long period of time away from work.

My question is would you date a disabled person?

Yes I would date a disabled person. Everyone has the right to be in a relationship.
An eye for an eye

and sex mate lol!

Some people are scared to commit to a relationship with a disabled person I have found, might true for all people I guess. But think it is harder for disabled people as there is a lot to scare off someone really.

I bet some people even think it is wrong to date disabled people, and to even have sex with them as the might be seen by other to be taking advantage of that person.

Depends on the disability and how much of a caregiver I would have to be. Understand I have done care-giving for non-lovers, so I'm up to some care-giving.

I'm not too keen on using turning sheets and gait belts and having to give sponge baths aside from fun baths Wink.

I'm not a spring chicken and I have some structural damage - so I'm limited in my movements and abilities.

So I'm expecting a mate near/around my age will be suffering the slings and arrows of misfortune and the decay which we call 'age'. To some degree.

lol Disabled people aren't looking for a carer/care giver they like me are looking for a partner or lover lol!

I'm for one can manage myself quite well on my own, I have a cleaner and that is all I need.

Not all disabled people even need any form of care though lol!.

You might be interested in this guy's blog on Huffpost. it's quite interesting. Him refers to homself as a "Queer, Disability Awareness Consultant."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-morrisongurza/

lol Its what I do too lol!

Come on don't be scared off because its a post about dating a scary disabled people lol!

artyboy Wrote:Come on don't be scared off because its a post about dating a scary disabled people lol!
I'm not scared of by it, I just don't know what to say about it because being disabled or not disabled is not really a thing that would make me not date someone, or date someone. Like anyone else, some of them will be wonderful guys, some of them will be jerks. Someone of them I will find very attractive, some of them I will not.

Im proactive about dating, and to me I dont really see a big difference between able boded and disabled while I have been dating.

The thing Ive notice is guys don't like having relationships over 5 months is that the same with able boded people though?